No announcement yet.

New lure design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last one until they prove they catch em. I have 3 ready to go. This one turned out nice I used foil for texture and some flash. It was a real learning experience molding and casting these. I may make a smaller one in the future, these are a little on the heavy side. They have a slow sink rate and great side to side movement, kinda like a glide bait. I think they should do well when the water gets colder in a couple months. When I catch one I'll post it up.
    Attached Files

Comment

Man that's awesome! I would HATE to lose one of these after all that work! Good Luck and thanks for sharing.

Comment

I’d like that in the box for winter trout season

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
          This is a balsa wood 1/4 ounce crankbait I carved up and painted today. It has a through wire for the hooks and an internal rattle. Balsa wood is sure easy to carve, I'm sure a red will destroy it but I'll just make another.
          Coat your balsa lures in 30 minute clear epoxy after the paint has dried and they will hold up well to most any fish that isnt really toothy.

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Lone Star, I seal them with a coat of Devcon 5 ton epoxy before painting to get a smooth surface. The balsa has very open grain. I then do it a second time after painting. So far I've caught several trout and a couple big redfish on the wake bait (it's in my making fishing lures thread) and it's holding up very well. Where I fish there's a lot of big Gar, they don't care what they tear up lol.

Comment

looks good

Comment

Working...
              X