King Ranch Nilgai Tag A Long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Ranch Nilgai Tag A Long

I was a tag-a-long on a Nilgai Hunt my brother did at the King Ranch Norias Division close to Raymondville, TX. As we entered the ranch, there was an abundance of wildlife like no other place I had been before. There were whitetail deer grazing in the meadows, 100’s of wild turkeys roosting in trees and occasionally we had to slow down for the groups of wild hogs gathered by the road. As the sun started to rise I saw coyotes pass in front of us , bobwhite quail and flocks of dove. I witnessed several different species of birds as we walked the sandy game trails in search of Nilgai. The javelina were so close you could almost step on them, and yes, the rattlesnakes were out. A couple of the coolest things I witnessed was a bobcat running with a cottontail in its mouth and a Hawk flying with a snake in its mouth. The King Ranch offers affordable Wildlife and Birding Tours and I will make it a point the visit this beautiful place again.

pretty spot in the world! thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful photos.

Comment

The King is on my bucket list. Great photos!

Comment

Great pics!

I hunted there in the 90's when 4 Arrows Outfitters was running hog/javi hunts for $60 a day.

Wish that was still available.

Comment

That is an awesome opportunity and great pictures. Would love to go there one day.

Comment

Nicely captured, thanks for sharing!

Comment

I did a tag along on the Kennedy ranch which I believe is next door. Amazing place for the hunter enthusiasts.

Comment

Thanks Guys, I truly appreciate the kind words!!!

Comment

Awesome pics!! Did your brother get a nilgai?

Comment

nice write up, great pics. definitely a place i want to see

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
                        Awesome pics!! Did your brother get a nilgai?
                        No, I believe out of 6 hunters, only one was taken. Guide said it would be tough since the rut had ended. He ended up walking 15 miles that day. Booked another day hunt for early next year.

Comment

Working...
                        X