Castell General Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castell General Store

This is the Castell General Store just west of Llano. This place is only 5 miles from my property and never knew it existed until a couple weeks ago. Went to do some scouting before bow season and figured I give it a try. The signs inside are something I feel the majority of us can agree with. It's a local dive spot with a good beer selection, burgers and bbq and steaks in the weekend. Spread the word to like minded individuals and stop by. Austin people and the like, just pretend this didnt exist.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mary; 10-01-2020, 01:23 PM.

Dang good burgers!
    Attached Files

Comment

Cool place and good swimming hole in the summer. I believe the first weekend in May they have Testicle Festival ( calf fries ) which is pretty cool. TPWD also will release trout there
      Last edited by BrandonA; 10-01-2020, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Going to have to give it a try sometime.

Comment

Use to love stopping at that place, glad to see its still there.

God Bless
          Bish

Comment

Don't fool yourself- there are plenty of hippies and Austin folk that hang out in Castell.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
              Don't fool yourself- there are plenty of hippies and Austin folk that hang out in Castell.
              As long as they dont try to change it because their feelings get hurt I'm okay with that. Not all Austin people are bad, I think we can all agree that the majority of people from austin who are member's on here are good people.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
                Most are redneck hippies. You get a few of the weird ones. Its always been rumored the Castell is a huge Swingers Community but don't know if there is any truth to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                  As long as they dont try to change it because their feelings get hurt I'm okay with that. Not all Austin people are bad, I think we can all agree that the majority of people from austin who are member's on here are good people.
                  I’d worry about your Houston folks equally. Lol

Comment

Home of Cockaroo the famous rooster.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      Most are redneck hippies. You get a few of the weird ones. Its always been rumored the Castell is a huge Swingers Community but don't know if there is any truth to it.

Ewww. Gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        Home of Cockaroo the famous rooster.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...ws-6191930.php
                        Famous Rooster is now mounted and on display in the store. Haven't been in several yrs. Need to go back soon, just 30-40 minutes from the house.

Comment

Steak day is a great day to visit Castell as well.

OP, I cant be too far from you - you say 5 Miles away, I am 9.

Comment

Great place to hang out and drink beer.

Comment

Been going there for many, many years. Randy is good people.

Comment

Working...
                              X