The joy has gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The joy has gone

I flung a few today, first time in 2+ weeks.

Sasha (our Border Collie) has been sick, then mostly paralized in the back legs, and then we had to put her down. 14-years is a good run for larger dog, but still. I sobbed for the first time since my Dad passed.

She was my constant hip buddy companion. She often slept on the floor on my side of the bed. Until she got sick, if I went outside, she went outside. When I'd take a bow down off the wall she'd get up and be ready for us to go out. I'd shoot and she'd hang close till she got bored, but was never far off. When I'd cut the grass she'd run around and bark at the mower and tried to heard it. I loved that dog.

Well, like I said, I shot a few. Maybe 8-shots. But the joy is not there. Nothing is fun right now. The loss will have to wear down a bit first.

I feel your pan. Get another pup soon. Not replacing Sasha, but giving another dog a chance at a loved and long life. God bless you!

Comment

Prayers up for you. Losing your best friend S%&#%!

Comment

Time will ease the pain brotha. Keep your chin up, stay the course.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          I feel your pan. Get another pup soon. Not replacing Sasha, but giving another dog a chance at a loved and long life. God bless you!
          This!! We only get them for a short time unfortunately. Another pooch will help!

Comment

Rescue another great soul soon.

Comment

Funny how they can fill, then leave a hole in our lives. Hang in there bud. Sorry for the loss.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Condolences friend.

Comment

Sorry for your loss brother, and the void you are feeling right now.
                  I'm about certain she lived the best life that was possible, and you can take a little bit of comfort in knowing you provided it for her.

Comment

Sorry for the loss, its never easy.

Comment

Hang in there
                      Worst day for me since my dad died was putting our “perfect” dog down.

Just realize we had a lot of great years with them.

BP

Comment

So sorry…

Comment

Truly sorry for your loss Steve.
                          We had to let our 12-year-old Akita go three years ago and I still miss Sensei daily.
                          He was my friend, trusted sidekick and confident. We were blessed to have him in our lives.
                          The pain will eventually subside and the fond memories will remain.
                          Prayers for strength and peace sent for you and all those who loved Sasha.

Comment

So sorry for your loss.

Comment

That sucks rotten eggs Steve!!! I know I am gonna be in the same boat when it is Zeke’s turn.

Hang in there, brother!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X