Feathers for fletching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feathers for fletching

Needed to order some feathers today, was in a bit of hurry, and bought the tru-flight packs from 3-Rivers. $20 for 18 shield cut feathers (12-solid and 6-barred). You know, that's just crazy to pay >1$ for 4" long feather.

3Rivers has great service. Not knocking them. But dang!!

What are ya'll shooting in 4" fletch that has a more reasonable price?

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
    Needed to order some feathers today, was in a bit of hurry, and bought the tru-flight packs from 3-Rivers. $20 for 18 shield cut feathers (12-solid and 6-barred). You know, that's just crazy to pay >1$ for 4" long feather.

3Rivers has great service. Not knocking them. But dang!!

What are ya'll shooting in 4" fletch that has a more reasonable price?

I’ve switched to Gateway and Ozark due to price as well. The consistency of the grind is not nearly as good as true flight though.

Comment

I buy odd lots on Ebay. Fancy arrows, or even nice-looking arrows, do nothing for me. I have fletched arrows with one green, one yellow, and one red feather. They fly just like all the others and are easy to see.

Comment

I am using Bearpaw 4” shield cut on some of mine. At 4.00 a dozen, it’s a done deal.
        Getting em from Jerry at stickbow supplies. Really clean bases, the shield cut is a little more pronounced than gateways or trueflight but I don’t have any gripes about em.

Comment

They make em in barred as well. 50 packs are even cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Use 3". Saves me 25 cents off that dollar for the full 4" ones.[emoji23]
            Seriously. Find what you like. Try different ones. Different brands may surprise you why they are less or more expensive. Then when you know, buy big bags. They are cheaper that way. I finally figured out I like 3" parabolic and they are a bit more expensive. So I decided I'd drink one beer less per week so I could afford them without guilt.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
              I am using Bearpaw 4” shield cut on some of mine. At 4.00 a dozen, it’s a done deal.
              Getting em from Jerry at stickbow supplies. Really clean bases, the shield cut is a little more pronounced than gateways or trueflight but I don’t have any gripes about em.

Good to know. Had great customer service from Jerry on an order a few years back and been wanting to continue buying from him.

Comment

Jerry Rocks, I ordered a riser from him last year and get my arrows and most odds and ends from him. If Jerry ain’t got it, then I go with 3Rivers.

Comment

I use Gateway. People say they are not as good as trueflight, but I’ve never had any come off on their own.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I dislike Bearpaw. Had one just last night would not stay stuck. Why? Who knows. Have to be more knowledgeable than I to figure it out. But I'm using up some 2" shield cut fletching I purchased a couple of years ago.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

You can give Sagittarius Archery a call.
                      They are pretty limited on the styles and color they offer, but the quality of the feathers and grinds is top notch. I have been ordering from them for years. 720 202 4910

Comment

Working...
                      X