New Mathews V3X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
    Why do you like the longer ATA? Just curious. I'm excited about the 29". I have a V3 31 and think it's a bit cumbersome in the tree saddle. I couldn't imagine an even longer bow in the trees. I didn't like the draw cycle of the 27". I shoot lights out with the 31 though. Hoping the 29 fits the bill.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I didn't like the shorter bows (less than the 31.5) draw cycle either. But more importantly I do not like the string angle on my face of shorter ATA bows. The face contacts points just don't work for me at full draw trying to look through my peep with a less than 31.5" bow. I have a hard time getting my nose to the string as it is.. The 33-34" just feels so much more natural to me. I've never thought a 33-34" bow felt cumbersome in a box, popup or quadpod either. Never had an issue. Then there is the theory thrown around that a longer ATA is more forgiving (see target shooters) and subsequently more accurate, so I take what I can get there. I do seem to shoot them well, so it helps my confidence. In the grand scheme of things from back in the day, 33 is really not long though. It's more medium.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      I didn't like the shorter bows (less than the 31.5) draw cycle either. But more importantly I do not like the string angle on my face of shorter ATA bows. The face contacts points just don't work for me at full draw trying to look through my peep with a less than 31.5" bow. I have a hard time getting my nose to the string as it is.. The 33-34" just feels so much more natural to me. I've never thought a 33-34" bow felt cumbersome in a box, popup or quadpod either. Never had an issue. Then there is the theory thrown around that a longer ATA is more forgiving (see target shooters) and subsequently more accurate, so I take what I can get there. I do seem to shoot them well, so it helps my confidence. In the grand scheme of things from back in the day, 33 is really not long though. It's more medium.
      This 100%.

Comment

sticking with the VXR28 another yeah looks like

Comment

Good info. I have zero issues in my ground blind.....just the trees. I saddle hunt 75% of the time. I'm going to the shop to shoot the 29 later today. If I don't like it, I'll save $$$$![emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all over here talking about ATA... need to remember the trad guys are shooting 56-66" bows when they hunt.

Comment

Nice bow, but IMO bows have hit their ceiling in regards to advances in technology. In the past your money was actually paying for noticeable gains in speed, weight, etc. Now its just a new design but the specs do not really change, especially for the amount of coin they require. I switched from Mathews to a Hoyt Defiant a few years back and honestly do not see changing for a long time as its performance specs are no different than the new bows.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                Nice bow, but IMO bows have hit their ceiling in regards to advances in technology. In the past your money was actually paying for noticeable gains in speed, weight, etc. Now its just a new design but the specs do not really change, especially for the amount of coin they require. I switched from Mathews to a Hoyt Defiant a few years back and honestly do not see changing for a long time as its performance specs are no different than the new bows.
                I don't know. Specs have stayed approximately the same, but the bows have definitely gotten quieter, smoother, more solid backwall, higher let off, more customizable, easier to work on, etc... To me, it seems the "shootability" has been the focus for the last 5 or so years. Now, having said that I am super happy with my Halon, and have no intentions of even trying another bow as I am perfectly happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                  I don't know. Specs have stayed approximately the same, but the bows have definitely gotten quieter, smoother, more solid backwall, higher let off, more customizable, easier to work on, etc... To me, it seems the "shootability" has been the focus for the last 5 or so years. Now, having said that I am super happy with my Halon, and have no intentions of even trying another bow as I am perfectly happy with it.
                  That's possible, but all of those factors are mostly opinions. Shootability to me is determined by weight, brace height, and let off. The weights haven't changed, the brace heights haven't changed, the let offs have some where you are seeing 85% as more common vs the 75-80% so maybe that 5 percent makes it more shootable, but when you are talking 70lb bow that 5% just means you are holding an extra 3.5lbs which I can definitely see as making it more shootable. They are all super nice bows no doubt, just hard for me to see the justification of the 1k price tag to gain those small changes.

Comment

I think that is the point I was shooting for. Brace height, weight, and let off used to be the trade off for "shootability" in years past. Nowadays, they make bows with lower weight overall, but more balanced and stable. Higher let off but less shock and smoother draw cycle. Longer brace heights and the same speeds as shorter, less forgiving ones. Yes, shootability is opinion based, but I bet most would agree the bows of today are as fast (of faster), smoother, quieter, and easier to shoot than those of 5-10 years ago. Not to mention easier to adjust/work on at home. I absolutely agree that they seem like small advances especially when you look at them every year. But after a few years, it is more drastic. This is why I plan on sticking with my current bow for a good while.

Comment

The differences between my 8 year old Elite Pulse and my Traverse were significant. I was once a "I can't find anything to make it worth spending big money on a new bow" and then FND slapped me in the face with the Traverse. It was "Take my money and make her all black" as soon as I shot it!!

The difference was enough for me to jump off the "need justification" train .

Comment

The differences between my 8 year old Elite Pulse and my Traverse were significant. I was once a "I can't find anything to make it worth spending big money on a new bow" and then FND slapped me in the face with the Traverse. It was "Take my money and make her all black" as soon as I shot it!!

The difference was enough for me to jump off the "need justification" train .
                        This is 100% not targeted towards you or anyone else, but out of curiosity I wonder how much of it has to be the "new" factor. I'd be interested to see the results of blindfolding someone and having them shoot several bows within the past 5-7 years and see if they could pick out the newest one. Just a random thought...

Comment

Looks amazing.
                          But I am still shooting a Browning bow that hit the market in 2007.
                          So there is a lot of room for improvement.

Comment

I have a v3 31 and ordered the V3X 33inch bow. I'm a lefty so it'll be a while. Got the new granite color. I usually get a new bow every year. I love this time of year. New bows come out and it's deer season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I do find it funny that last year they were making a point that ATA is no longer the standard of forgiveness and shootability... this year... longer bows.

Comment

Don’t look to much different than my VXR. I don't understand how some of ya’ll buy new bows every year. They don’t change that much from year to year. Looks like the only thing that separates it from the V3 is accessories. Now if you have a old adrenaline or switchback then i say go get you one.

Comment

Working...
                                X