X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s a good one!

Comment

Would you shoot it?

I like the thought but that head is a dead decoy giveaway. Might have to get one of these for public land. Er they wouldn’t have been laughing if a monster showed up and tried to spar with it and you shot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by bmac; 12-28-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

5 times then go get my arrows and do it again

Comment

Are you sure you weren't on the Total Archery Challenge course?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Junction, TX lease a number of years ago. Rifle hunt with my nephew and Asu-Indian, formerly known as Lakefork.

Had not seen any monsters up until this one showed up...just as the sun came up.

We were not trophy hunting back then. What say you? w Would you shoot?

[ATTACH]985639[/ATTACH]
            I wouldn't eat it though.

Comment

That’s a good one.

Reminds me of a prank my daddy and a buddy pulled many years ago on our east tx lease. After a fair exchange of liquid spirits one day they decided to travel into town on a “replenishment” run. About 3 hours later (on what should have been a 45 min trip) they returned to camp. I won’t go into the details but they had somehow managed to confiscate a Texas Dept of Transportation deer crossing sign!!!! I’m talking the ENTIRE sign....concrete slab and all! One can only imagine the amount of trouble they could have incurred had they been caught.

Since both my dad and his buddy were in pretty bad shape, several of us younger bucks were commandeered to dig a hole and position said sign at one of the eldest lease member’s hunting spots...who happened to be arriving the next day. His experience was not unlike Burnadell’s

Not entirely sure on the statute of limitations but I hear-tell that sign may or may not still be on location to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                That’s a good one.

Reminds me of a prank my daddy and a buddy pulled many years ago on our east tx lease. After a fair exchange of liquid spirits one day they decided to travel into town on a “replenishment” run. About 3 hours later (on what should have been a 45 min trip) they returned to camp. I won’t go into the details but they had somehow managed to confiscate a Texas Dept of Transportation deer crossing sign!!!! I’m talking the ENTIRE sign....concrete slab and all! One can only imagine the amount of trouble they could have incurred had they been caught.

Since both my dad and his buddy were in pretty bad shape, several of us younger bucks were commandeered to dig a hole and position said sign at one of the eldest lease member’s hunting spots...who happened to be arriving the next day. His experience was not unlike Burnadell’s

Not entirely sure on the statute of limitations but I hear-tell that sign may or may not still be on location to this day.
                Funny you should mention the Deer Crossing because we also found ourselves in possession of a similar sign, although it was not embedded in concrete. Someone I guess had cut it off at ground level. We put it up near the stand of the guy we were subleasing from. On opening day, as the darkness disappeared, the sign was visible halfway to his feeder. He was not happy about it. He did not like anyone messing around his stand.

As to the obvious fakery of my "deer", the pictures posted were taken with a camera closer to the decoy than my tripod. The distance from my stand and the brush was just enough to not be absolutely certain at that distance until it didn't move for 15 minutes nor did it move until after I shot it!

Comment

And that was the day the arse whoopins started.

Comment

Did you miss??

Comment

Funny story.

Comment

Funny stuff! Got to like a man that’s not too proud to admit to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Times like that is when you need a full auto 308 and about 8 mags...that woulda showed em

Comment

Good clean deer camp fun !

Not to hijack the his thread, but has there been one on deer camp pranks ?

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Too funny but you didn't fall for it.

We put a life size poster of The Predator inside a buddy's ground box blind so when he opened the door it would be the first thing he saw.

He blamed us for him dropping his rifle and knocking the scope off and for the torn knees on his coveralls that happened as he was running away and he fell.

Comment

Originally posted by captteddy View Post
                                Good clean deer camp fun !

Not to hijack the his thread, but has there been one on deer camp pranks ?

Thanks for sharing.
                                Actually there have been several. Search for "pranks".

Comment

Working...
                                X