Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Super Duty- Body Bushing Replacement

Has anyone had this done?

When I was changing my oil today I realized that mine are shot. Watched some videos and I think they definitely need replacing.

How much did I cost to get them replaced? I see the bushings themselves are $5-700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

www.sbfilters.com -- look under body mounts Kits.. Weekend project. Mine was a 2005 F250 and was able to lift cab with floor jack and replace one side at a time without unhooking anything except the cab bolts.. Made a big difference.. Good luck.

Comment

You can get aftermarket or oem, I went with oem from Ford on my 2006 f250 that I’m doing a Cummins swap in. I pulled my whole cab off and replaced but you can do very easy by using floor jack and doing one side at a time.

Comment

Yep....mine were like dust...total PIA. I went with the Daystar bushings.

Comment

I have a box of the S&B sitting in my garage for my 12’. Going to knock ‘em out next week. Who knows how long mine have been completely missing lol [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post
            I have a box of the S&B sitting in my garage for my 12’. Going to knock ‘em out next week. Who knows how long mine have been completely missing lol [emoji51]

Let me know how it goes.

I’ll prob get the S&B too. Mine is a ‘14

Comment

I did them on my 12 a couple months ago. Actually changing them is a breeze. Getting the factory bolts loose is a bear. The nutts slip and you have to have a backup. Mine had about 3 inches of blue locktite past the nutt. I ended up heating the heads until what was left of the bushings started smoking. This helped some. I have a 3/4 inch impact at work and it wouldn't touch them at 150psi. Heated I could get them out with a breaker bar and 3 foot cheater pipe. Good luck!

Comment

Back in 2019 I replaced my bushings on a 2006 F350. I used the polyurethane bushings- and ever since, wish I had used stock foam bushings. Yes I fixed the cab shifting and bottoming out, but picked up a LOT of engine and suspension noise. Go with stock, and be ready to pull the front bumper.

Comment

I am doing mine now on a 2008 F 250 the bolts were not a big problem.
                  I had to heat one with a torch. I am having problems getting the mushrooms to pry apart on the front four. Thinking about leaving those four a little loose and driving down the road to break them loose.
                  Has anyone tried this?

Comment

do not use an impact when removing the bolts. doing so can cause damage to the cage nut and make it dam near impossible remove. i learned this the hard way

Comment

Heard good things about s&b.

Comment

If you weren’t so far away, I have a set you could have.

Got em, and don’t need em.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                          If you weren’t so far away, I have a set you could have.

Got em, and don’t need em.
                          PM sent

Comment

Did my F250 with the S&B mounts a month o me so ago. Use a torch to heat up the bolt and break the lock tite loose. Took me about 3.5 hours with a floor jack and block of wood in the driveway. I didn’t spin any of the cage nuts and I think that’s the key. Take your time and go slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              Back in 2019 I replaced my bushings on a 2006 F350. I used the polyurethane bushings- and ever since, wish I had used stock foam bushings. Yes I fixed the cab shifting and bottoming out, but picked up a LOT of engine and suspension noise. Go with stock, and be ready to pull the front bumper.

Interesting, you feel that the bushing material caused additional noise?

Comment

Working...
                              X