Backpack Recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOOOOVE my Stone Glacier Sky 5900.
    It hurt to click "submit payment" but after taking it up the mountains several times I am happy to have parted with every single penny.

Comment

Just for reference, you can swap packs on the Kifaru frame as well. Buy one frame and then as many different packs as you want. Yes, I am bias to Kifaru. But it’s because I am very particular about my pack and how it’s laid out and the storage compartments it has. I do not like the single big central bulk storage compartment where you have everything all packed together and you only have 1-2 zippers to access it and you have to dig thru it all to find what you are looking for. Stone Glacier makes a great pack. It’s just not for me. Exo also makes a great pack. When you strap 60-70 pounds on your back and start making elevation, the frame and belt better be right for you individually.

Comment

Currently running the Stone Glacier Sky Archer 6200 and like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
          https://store.kifaru.net/mobile/all-packs-c3.aspx

You can add/remove pockets and pouches to all the packs. Always buy larger than what you think you need. You can get a 5 day pack and compress it down and run it as a 1-2 day pack very easily.

If you get on Rokslide, there is a whole section of the forum just for back packs. Very good info there.
          Lin k isn't working. I tried looking them up earlier but the same link was all I found, so I didn't know if I was heading in the right direction or not.

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
            Lin k isn't working. I tried looking them up earlier but the same link was all I found, so I didn't know if I was heading in the right direction or not.
            Just google Kifaru.
            That link is a mobile link from my phone. It may not work if you are on a laptop or home PC.

Comment

I’m really pleased with my Kuiu pack. My son also here in Montana hunts hard and his had held up for him. Mine is 3,200 cubic inches, they come smaller and larger. Made in Vietnam I think.

Mystery Ranch is a Bozeman-based company. I was told by a Mechanical Engineer here (contractor) doing pack design they’re very solid packs, but a bit heavier. Most made in Philippines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an Exo, Kifaru, Mystery Ranch(USA made which is what you want), Kuiu, and Horn Hunter. They all serve a different purpose and I loan out packs to friends and family. It’s hard for me to pick one pack to do it all.

Comment

Are you just wanting a couple day hunting pack, or a legit hike in and hunt pack?

One option (the route I've gone) is backpack heresy I have a molle 2 frame, with a kifaru cargo panel, and just added a kuiu 7000 bag. Have a bladder that can attach to the molle webbing on the cargo panel, and run that with a lid as a day pack. Frame was 9 bucks, kifaru and kuiu stuff was 150ish each, so 300ish plus extra straps for attachment and I can hike in or day hunt with a meat hauler.

Comment

I ordered a hunting backpack for my husband on Amazon.

Comment

Daypack + 1-3days, MR popup is cheapest option

1-10 days any pack with a load-self. Exo, SG, Kifaru, MR etc

Comment

I got a mystery ranch beartooth last year on a blackovis sale.

Comment

Originally posted by ridoskon View Post
                          I ordered a hunting backpack for my husband on Amazon. Several companies from this site make pretty good quality backpacks for different purposes. My husband and I decided to get each other backpacks for the New Year because we needed them. I work as a nurse, and every time I go to work, I need to take many things with me. Carrying bags isn't very comfortable, or pretty so I wanted to find a nice backpack. Among the best backpacks for nurses, I chose what I liked and sent the link to my husband. In the end, everyone was happy with their gift and enjoyed using the new purchase.
                          Good minds, no?

Comment

Kifaru 24” frame with hoodlum for longer trips or hellbender for shorter

Comment

Here is a stress test with Kuiu, Stone Glacier, Mystery Ranch and others.
                              https://www.gohunt.com/video/backpac...test#gs.3ua09p

I pack really light for 3 nights and use a 2355 ci MR pintler.

Comment

I finally got over the sticker shock and bought a Stone Glacier pack last year and couldn’t be happier! Like others have said, the frame is the most expensive component, and the bags are easily interchangeable. There are typically quite a few SG, MR, and Kifaru in the Rokslide classifieds this time of year of you’re open to used.

Comment

Working...
                                X