No announcement yet.

glacier national park?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealous, it has been 15 years or so since I've been, but I'm ready to go back! Tagged for information.

Comment

Make reservations, I heard on the radio yesterday that Glacier and Yosemite NP are reservations only.

Comment

we book the trip in march. we are good to go end of may.

Comment

They are closed much of the year due to snowfall.

Early - mid May would be best. It is before the kids get out of school so there are less people. It is also late enough that the snowmelt should be enough to open.

Comment

trip was awesome! its a must see and do.

Comment

Awesome place! Stayed at the Lodge on Whitefish Lake, very nice and the rooms were huge

Comment

Fly fish. Those bull trout are gorgeous. Everybody else has covered the rest.

Comment

glacier national park?

If it’s just you and your spouse, stay in a train car (specifically the caboose) in Essex... eat dinner that night in the Issac Walton. Few things in this world are more romantic.

Many good things here already listed. Waterton is fun if you go to Canada.

Also eat at moose’s and bring a pocket knife! But warning Don’t go if a hockey is on TV. Liable to be a fight break out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    I'm heading that was in Mid July with the wife. We plan to stay about 4-5 miles south of Polebridge. Is that a good location to stay at? We may be staying 3-4 nights.

Is there some other place 3-6 hours south of GNP to stay a night or two at?
                    Somehow I missed this back then, and it may be too late now. In case it’s not too late I’d recommend staying pretty much anywhere along Flathead Lake. Lakeside was the town that stood out the most of where I wanted to spend more time, and we will probably end up staying a night or two there in July on our trip as well. I’m hoping to make GNP again, but not sure that we’ll have time. We’ll be in Kalispell for the Big Sky Music Fest.

Comment

Thanks to all for posting this useful info about this awesome place.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                        Check out iceberg lake
                        It's a good 5 mile hike to get to it but worth the journey..it's on the far north side of the sun road
                        I waded out in that lake for a pic. That water will turn you from male to female in about 1 second when your junk hits it.

Comment

Few years back my wife and I bicycled across the United States and did the northern tier which included Glacier National Park. We got held up for 3 days on the western side at Lake McDonald . The had trouble clearing the snow on the Road to the Sun. We finally got the clearance and rode up to the top. Took us 6 hours to peddle up. My bike weighed in at 80 pounds and wife's was 60 pounds(carried all our gear) . Could not see a thing because of the foggy conditions. I heard we missed the view of a life time. After our visit to the top we coasted several miles down to St. Mary where we had supper. You can call 1 406 888 7800 for road condition for the Road to the Sun.

This was fathers day . Hope this helps a bit.

Comment

Hike to Old Man lake

Comment

Working...
                            X