Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's the acorn crop going to be in your area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's the acorn crop going to be in your area?

With the drought, late season rain, extended heat, etc., will the acorn crop be more or less than normal in your hunting areas this year?

I hope less so the dang deer will actually come to our feeders hahahaha

Comment

By the looks of my trees it's going to be a bumper crop

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to go look, mine are usually loaded

Comment

The oaks in my yard have been dropping little pea-sized acorns all summer. The heat and drought has been rough, even with me watering the yard regularly. I won't miss the acorns this fall. I'm sure they'll be back with a vengeance next year.

Comment

The Oaks I have looked at in McLennan and Bosque are not loaded but do show signs of making a crop.

White Oaks have the least amount of cups, with Red Oaks having the most. Live Oaks looked promising early but seem to have already shed allot of there cups early on.

Rwc

Comment

Akerns*

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                The oaks in my yard have been dropping little pea-sized acorns all summer. The heat and drought has been rough, even with me watering the yard regularly. I won't miss the acorns this fall. I'm sure they'll be back with a vengeance next year.
                I have a water oak in my front yard that’s generally loaded but it’s doing exactly what you described. Little bitty acorns that aren’t gonna last until fall. That’s with an irrigated yard so I’m not expecting much on the 80 acres behind my house.

Comment

They are thick in Leon county.

Comment

There are going to be 2 acorns in Menard County. Hope I get 1.

Comment

Bottom land, creek side so should be fairly unaffected by the drought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bumper , drought generally makes them produce. Survival mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                          Bumper , drought generally makes them produce. Survival mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Yup….now all the hunters have built in excuses

Comment

The few acorn trees at our lease in northern Erath have small BB sized acorns. I just got back from filling my feeder and I checked them as I was driving out.

Comment

will know for sure tomorrow when i check my place in grayson. will post up pics

Comment

Working...
                              X