Grand Junction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Junction

Exploring a job opportunity in Grand Junction. Any of you have any insights or first or second-hand knowledge? Thanks fellas.

Colorado?

Comment

Not a bad town. Home of the D1 JUCO World Series every year. Colorado Mesa Univ is there. Has all the basics in terms of restaurants and shopping. Prettier areas in other parts of Colorado, but GJ is much more reasonably priced.

Comment

I lived there from 2013-2014. Could probably help answer some of your questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My family all lives there and have been going since i was born. id move there tomorrow if i had a job that payed what i made here

Comment

Can't help you but hope the job comes through for you.

Comment

I was born in GJ in 1952. Lived there just a couple of years but have returned many times. It's not in the mountains but relatively close. Last we stayed in an rv park that was east of town. They had the park for summer income, peach orchards, and weed green houses. Agricultural economy, but big city amenities.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

And yes, CTR, GJ Colorado.

We're fairly active and outdoorsy, and it seems like GJ has a lot to offer and is in close proximity to a lot more.

Seems like the weather isn't too extreme either direction and it looks to be a growing area but still fairly affordable (by today's current ludicrous standards).

Comment

Lived there 3 yrs. Get familiar with Grand Mesa & Powderhorn if you like hunting and snow sports.

If you move Westside, near the Colorado National Monument, it will add an hour to your drive to Grand Mesa and everywhere else that is good going East down 70.. That's where we lived. Right at the base & 20 min South of Fruita.

Dad and I went to Grand Mesa and Rifle regularly. I was at Powderhorn every Sat, Sun, & Mon once the base was decent. Thanksgiving - Easter. Great Muley hunting units nearby along the Utah border.

Comment

Working...
                  X