Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
    how many more days are you hunting?
    Through Friday here. Gonna go up to my place and do some brush hog work over the weekend and probably make a sit or two up there.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, had a doe come by just before sunset. She had a fawn but she was not a big doe. Probably last year's deer. She went by to the water at 23 yards. I did have a lane there for that trail but it is small and she never stopped. After they watered they came back my way and turned left to go behind me at 12 yards. The doe stopped where a tree blocked her vitals as the fawn scrounged for acorns. Finally they move off behind me.
      A few minutes later they crossed back behind me and the fawn circled out front munching on more acorns. Soon the doe was behind me and stopped just out of my ability to turn and shoot her. This goes on til almost dark when the fawn runs back over to her and starts nursing making little gulping noises as she slurps it down.
      I sat there til they fed off down the hill then packed it up for the evening.

Comment

Following! Stick one!

Comment

Here comes the sun. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220921_071334_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	24692823

Comment

Best of luck today.

Comment

Thanx!
              Moved the tripod as the winds have changed. Looks and feels like cooler weather is coming. Only 80 for a high today. I'll get in early this afternoon and hope that something comes into that big oak dropping big acorns like rain. Slow them down on the way to the pond.

Comment

Rained out this evening. I'm just not low enough on deer meat to hunt in the rain.

Comment

Good luck today Gary. Maybe the rain yesterday and the cooler temps will have them moving more

Comment

Has the turkeys moving. Heard a coon fight just before shooting light. But no deer yet. Plenty around I just should have brought more stands but the quick turn around I was not prepared.
                    Not a good scout. [emoji17]

Comment

Saw a few deer this morning including a decent 8. I had gotten out of stand and kneeling in a blow down as I scanned this bottom next to this corn field. They'd walk the fence line on the other side, jump it, walk towards me then disappear. Turns out they are using the wash as a travel route.
                      So now I'm in a bored lock on stand about 18 feet up to the platform and hoping I can pull something out of this.

Fence crossing on left in pic, wash on right. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220922_154803_HDR.jpg
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	24692903

Comment

Two young bucks and two doe down a trail 30 yards east of me so far. Looks like I chose poorly.

Comment

Well, this one circled to a crossing under me, decide it was too steep. Or something and step back and hesitated quartering slightly to me.
                          11 yard shot. She went about 15 yards and I watched her go down. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220922_202100.jpg
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	24692913Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220922_193808.jpg
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	24692914Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220922_193900.jpg
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	24692925

Comment

Good job Gary - your persistence paid off!

Comment

Congratulations on the first blood! Good shooting!

Comment

Way to go man! Most people will see "just a doe". Anyone that's hunted with trad equipment knows what an accomplishment that is. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X