Thoughts on Ram Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Ram Trucks?

been a Ford F150 guy for 30 plus years. Up until my most recent truck I loved them. My experience tells me Ford is going downhill. Horrible customer service and many issues.

So....... I am thinking about looking into a Ram - wife had one 20 years ago and it was a mess - not a well made truck.

Are the current Rams overall good quality? Thanks for the input

I had both an 04 ram and a 12 dakota. Both were great trucks with no issues at all.

Comment

Still not well made. My brother, dad and I all drive 3/4 ton diesels. I have a Ford and they have Dodges. My ford has as many miles as theirs combined without a single rattle. Theirs sound like they’re constantly driving down a dirt road.

Comment

some will say yes, some will say no. I am not brand loyal, I think as a whole they are all just fine, there are probably a few in all brands that have a problem sometimes, and then there are a lot of people that just enjoy complaining and u will never please

I have a 2017 Ram 1500 with 80K on it, no problems w it. And no problems with the Toyota before that, and the Chev before that. No telling what the next one will be

Buy what you like

Comment

I’ve had 4 RAMs. 3 2500 Cummins, and a 2500 Hemi. 11’ , 2 - 12’s, and a 14’. Everyone had major issues far too early in its life. The only that almost killed me was the final straw. Brakes completely failed while driving down the highway doing 80, then the front driver side wheel wheel popped up in fire. I called our district manager from the side of the road and told him to get me a new truck, and it better not be a RAM if he wanted to retain me. I had a 15’ Duramax shortly after.

Comment

Go look at 10-12 year old vehicles. Toyota, Ford, GM all hold their value.. Ram not so much. Isnt just a coincidence

Comment

I have a 2018 ram 1500 - 21k miles and no issues thus far.

My first vehicle was a dodge and it was an absolute nightmare, so I drove fords and such until this one. I’m not brand loyal, only loyal to a price tag when it comes to vehicles. Right now you could probably get a heck of a deal on a new 2019 ram, that’s what I did last year (bought mine in Jan of 19) and felt that I got a really good deal.

They’ve improved the interior immensely, and the 5.7 that comes in them is a great engine. I’ve not heard such good things about the 3/4 ton trucks, but overall it seems that Ram improved quality where they could while still keeping the price manageable
              Last edited by JTRichardson; 01-12-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                I’ve had 4 RAMs. 3 2500 Cummins, and a 2500 Hemi. 11’ , 2 - 12’s, and a 14’. Everyone had major issues far too early in its life. The only that almost killed me was the final straw. Brakes completely failed while driving down the highway doing 80, then the front driver side wheel wheel popped up in fire. I called our district manager from the side of the road and told him to get me a new truck, and it better not be a RAM if he wanted to retain me. I had a 15’ Duramax shortly after.
                I had a ram with a complete brake failure also
                I also fell into the back seat one day when the bolts broke holding the front seat down
                Can’t recommend a ford 250-350 due to the death wobble and a horribly cramped engine space
                Never had any problems with the 2 duramax we had/have
                I do love the Cummins in a ram though
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-12-2020, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I recently traded my 2013 F150 for a Ram 2500. I like it so far as a truck. But the Ford was nicer. Ram makes a good truck though. I had a 2007 Mega Cab and didn’t have any issues with it. I traded it at 120,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1/2 ton daily driver, my second choice to a Tacoma.
                    3/4 ton and up hard work hauler? Nah.

Gary

Comment

Had some minor troubles with my current Ford 2010 F 150 but always got me there. It may be my last truck and would take off to Anywhere in it today 10 years old. Owned all the rest and liked several but never gave me the confidence my Ford offers. Dodge was a NO for a long time. The newer seem to have come a long ways. Know a family bought two of em (His and Hers) and lovin em. Might consider again. The old Hemi reintroduced is a good power plant. The GM 5.3 is too. Ford is well Ford. Eco is not what I expected and own one as well as a 4.6. Prefer the 4.6 and wish I still had my 5.4. Technology is throwing too many experiments we are the testers. Odd times to pick a truck. Where is my 4.9 straight 6 from years ago?

Comment

I had enough issues with a 2018 Ram 2500 to get rid of it around 20K Miles. Had transmission work and a rear end rebuild by that point.

Honestly, I think it’s a crap shoot on the brand anymore. Every one seems to have its own issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought a new Ram 1500 in September 2014.

Brakes at 39k and almost 116k on it now. tires and normal maintenance otherwise. Easily the best truck I’ve ever owned and I’ve had all of the Big 3 previously.

That said, pick the one you like best and take care of it, it’ll take care of you.

Comment

I always ran Dodge with Cummins for hot shotting. I ran several just over 500k and I still have an 04' that is some where around the 340k mark. I never had the noise issues on any of my Dodge trucks. I think that is a lot of internet gossip. If you take care of it, they do good in my experience. My boss has 15' with 5.7 hemi and it is very comfortable, no rattles etc. Now it does not pull worth a flip especially when compared to my old 13 F250 with a 6.2 gasser. The brand new Ram 1500's look pretty sharp exterior/interior. One guy I know traded his Nissan Cummins in on a Ram 1500, he has no complaints

Comment

2010 ram hemi 180k no issues

Comment

Working...
                              X