Naomi Judd - confirmed suicide by self-inflicted gun shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gom View Post
    She was a Great mother, entertainer and spokeswoman for depression. Sad and simple…In the end she just didn’t want to be here anymore.

I’ve read different on the great mother part … The others for sure.

Comment

There's a lesson to be learned there, albeit a sad one. We see this so often: some celebrity has everything we ever dreamed of - in her case, worldwide fame and fortune, a huge home on a manicured private 1,000 acre estate, the whole nine yards. "Who wouldn't be happy?" ...we think. Yet here they go again, committing suicide because they can't deal with life. Like I said, a lesson to be learned.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
        I don't see it as a mental disease. A person reaches a point in their life when it's no longer valid to go on. A person gets to the point where they can't do the things they enjoy doing wheather physically and financially and they can only sit and waste away. Or worse yet suffer from pain from past injuries for years on end. We all are going to die, why are you branded mental to do it on your own terms?
        Because it’s a chicken **** and selfish way to go. We all have demons to fight. Some more than others. Cinch up and handle business.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          because it’s a chicken **** and selfish way to go. We all have demons to fight. Some more than others. Cinch up and handle business.
          x1000

Comment

Because it’s a chicken **** and selfish way to go. We all have demons to fight. Some more than others. Cinch up and handle business.
            Brother- I can see very clearly that you know very little about true mental illness! I hope that you never have to know. It’s so sad that people can’t have compassion !

Comment

Bunch of weak minded people!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                Brother- I can see very clearly that you know very little about true mental illness! I hope that you never have to know. It’s so sad that people can’t have compassion !
                You’d be shocked at what I’ve dealt with. Taking your own life is the easy way out. And does extraordinary damage to those closest to you. Only thing I can agree with is if you know you’re gonna die due to severe illness, cancer etc. I’ve seen that tear a couple very close loved ones to pieces. They fought to the very end. I have compassion. And we all have our own struggles.

Comment

I just wonder why so many kill themselves now? Well I know.

Like with LGBT, its acceptable now so used more widely. Sad world we live in

Comment

And don’t let my comment portray that I don’t care. I’d help anyone out if dark times anyway I can. I just strongly disagree that it’s a mental illness. And there’s always help. Church is a perfect place to start.

Comment

In the end she led a very blessed life. I feel for those who had much harder lives and couldn't cope.

Comment

Our life is not ours to take. Plain and simple. I do believe there are chemical imbalances in some people that can cause depression;however, I think there is something to be said about allowing self destructive thoughts to reside in one’s brain. The Bible says that “as a man thinketh so he goes”. I truly believe that. Kinda like a self fulfilling prophecy. Now I don’t go around casting the demons outta door knobs but I do believe that a person can talk themselves into a shat storm.
                        I was surprised that she shot herself. Most women go out by less violent means. We’d be surprised if we found out how many folks actually committed “auto-cide” and weren’t killed accidentally.

Comment

I have a friend that I met thru ASA Archery that is being buried this afternoon in Georgia. He was a U.S. Army Platoon Sgt. In Afghanistan. He was a great guy, loved by many including his archery family that was nationwide. He was the bow assembly forman at Martin Archery. He lost two soldiers from his platoon in Afghanistan. He suffered from PTSD. He has always felt responsible for the death of his soldiers. Last Friday on his way to work he pulled over got out of his truck, walked down a tree line, sat down and took his own life. He posted on Facebook a few minutes before...."One day I will be worthy". Very sad, very tragic. PTSD is a terrible mental disease. 22 is Too Many. Rest in Peace Daniel Morgan.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Arrowsmith; 05-13-2022, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Such a waste of life. RIP my young brother.

Comment

There was a guy I know that used to guide up around where I hunt in NW OK and KS. Great guy, salt of the earth type. He spent years taking care of his Dad who had severe alzheimers and it really took it's toll on him before his Dad finally passed. He was later diagnosed with the same thing and before it got really bad and while he still had enough of his mind about him he wrote a note that he never wanted to be that type of burden to his kids. Went out in the yard and sat under a tree and did himself in. There are just so many different situations that people deal with. The old saying about "everyone is dealing with something so try to be kind" comes to mind.

Comment

Yeah, you never know what's going on inside somebody's head. When I worked in a state agency, we had one guy in his late 30's, married with 3 kids. Always calm and relaxed, had a regular sense of humor. Wasn't a party guy or a giggler, but not at all withdrawn, either. He participated in team projects and gave great group presentations. He always had somebody to eat lunch with.... well, I could go on, but one day his wife came home from work and he had just blown his head off with a large-caliber revolver. To this day, nobody knows why he did it. Total mystery.

Comment

Working...
                                X