No announcement yet.

New place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s cool. I have seen his videos as they pop Up on my feed. I am going to subscribe. Congrats to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The interesting thing about this lake is that since there is no dam (its a big hole)...I don't believe there is a "normal level". Its always in a state of flux. Last spring when I bought it...it was a wet year and the lake level at that time was my first impression and became my baseline.

Then last summer it barely rained for 4 months...and lake levels dropped 4 feet from my baseline. New islands became exposed and the lake shrank from 15-16 acres to probably 10-11 acres. We didn't catch good water until this Feb when we got some gully washers. One good rain added 20 inches of water over night. Since then it has slowly risen to about a foot below baseline.

Last night's rain should have added a several more inches. Would like to get it back to baseline before the summer evaporation kicks in.

Comment

Yeah that place looks amazing. I’ve never done much fresh water fishing, but a place like that would change my habits.

Comment

Just caught some of your sons YouTube channel and that is awesome.
          Congrats to him and he’s got one more subscriber.

Comment

Headed up Saturday to the lake. Had planned on tent camping but ended up sleeping under the stars. Woke up this morning and realized I've either gotten too soft or too old to do that....or maybe both.

Yesterday I applied Opsho to my new pipe fence and painted it black today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Saltaholic made me a sweet gate sign that I'll hang once we finish the barndo.

Comment

My son Kyle went with me. He just finished all his finals and I guess you would consider him a college graduate even though there has been no graduation. Immensely proud of him....gig 'em!

Brought the fly rods and we must have caught a hundred in short order.

Last edited by unclefish; 05-03-2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

This morning we went bass fishing. I ended up catching three nice smallmouth....11-12 inches and FAT! They all looked like those Lake Eerie footballs you see. Forgot my phone so didn't get pics. Went back to get it and switched to a whopper plopper and caught a bunch of nice LMB.

Last edited by unclefish; 05-03-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

The metal will be delivered next week for the barndo and the project will be rolling again.

Comment

Thought this was funny and sad at the same time with idiot governor's restricting fishing in some states.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                        Thought this was funny and sad at the same time with idiot governor's restricting fishing in some states.

That drives me freaking crazy every time I see that.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Hinge cut all those willows that you are willing to. I did a bunch half way through duck season and the property exploded with wood ducks over night and stayed that way until they headed north. The bases will regrow in no time.

Comment

Had a new tractor delivered (48 HP Branson)....along with a shredder and box blade. Disc will be delivered next week.

Place was way overgrown and needed mowing.

Comment

Steel beams were delivered so we are about to have a structure up shortly. There has been some delays with Covid and weather.

The lake had a huge algae bloom and the water is very green is visibility is not what is was. But can still see 4-5'. Didn't fish but saw several smallmouth up in the shallows.

Comment

Nice place! Any springs feeding it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X