• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the info

No idea what a "ski town vibe" is

Decent skiing and lower numbers of people are more important

Comment

Ski New Mexico at Sipapu with slopeside mountain lodging and riverside campsites near Taos, NM. Get lift tickets, passes, rentals, lessons.

Comment

Ski Cooper was cool little place outside Vail about 30min. We did 2 days skiing there and 2 days at Vail. I say we….I destroyed my left knee the first day. I had gummies and watched Narcos on Netflix while everyone else went skiing. 3 surgeries later, a cadaver ACL and meniscus, I won’t be skiing anymore. Have fun and be careful wherever you decide to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Purgatory is good skiing but food options are limited unless you want to drive about an hour.
          Enjoy Keystone. Go during the week.

Comment

Snow skiing questions

Glenwood Hot springs lodge

Thank me later! We took our 9 yr boys on spring break. Not crowded at all, lift tickets come with the hotel stay

They skied by themselves after the first day

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Thanks for all the info

No idea what a "ski town vibe" is

Decent skiing and lower numbers of people are more important
              Don't go to Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper or Vail. Lol. Massive crowds. New Mexico is your spot.

I like Red River in my older years. I hate lift lines now. Very nice little town. The ski area is small but has some nice runs. You can drive 30 minutes to Taos or Angelfire as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-25-2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Don't go to Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper or Vail. Lol. Massive crowds. New Mexico is your spot.

I like Red River in my older years. I hate lift lines now. Very nice little town. The ski area is small but has some nice runs. You can drive 30 minutes to Taos or Angelfire as well.

👍🏽

New Mexico offers exceptional skiing & snowboarding at incredible prices. Check out one of our 8 amazing alpine resorts and get more information on their unique destinations.

Comment

Definitely go in Jan or Feb. Cheaper and less crowded. You can stretch president's day into a long weekend if kids are in school.

Comment

Red River, Wolf Creek, Purgatory, Durango are good for families.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

This is what you want here. Plus everyone you meet will be from TX.

Steamboat isn’t too bad either outside of the holidays and festivals.

Mid Jan-late Feb is the time to go skiing. Lower crowds, biggest base levels, highest probability of fresh powder.

Comment

Steamboat and Winter Park are both family friendly resorts. As far as time to go, really anytime but weather wise I would probably target late February before spring break.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                          Purgatory is not bad, took my family and had a great time.
                          Another place that is much harder to get to but not crowded at all is Targhee Ski Resort, really cool place.
                          Targhee looks awesome! thanks for the tip!

Comment

Ski cooper! I live 2 hours from there. Way smaller than all the big resorts, it’s priced really well and never gets crowded. Fun time

Comment

Not park city utah i can tell you that. It kicked our @$$. I felt like the whole time i was skiing i was going to go off the mountain. There where no big bowls to ski in and help teach someone how to cut and turn.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                                Not park city utah i can tell you that. It kicked our @$$. I felt like the whole time i was skiing i was going to go off the mountain. There where no big bowls to ski in and help teach someone how to cut and turn.
                                I hear that. did deer valley late spring. It was packed and I was very tired at the end. Wife loved it but she is 100x better skier than me.

Comment

Working...
                                X