Red dot on EDC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    Serious question here. You’re saying even with a bad grip and bad slide angle that you can like up both iron sights faster than a single dot?

Or is it because you’ve practiced much more with irons than an optic and know how to adjust quicker?
    Yes, only because when you're looking through the lens on a red dot it can be hard to tell which way your gun is off and keeping the dot out of view. I end up moving the muzzle around and correcting my grip to get the dot to come back into view. Co-witnessed irons help with this but you add taller sights that can snag. Try this, put your pistol in your off hand and get a grip you feel good about. Then bring the pistol up and try to put the dot on target kinda quickly. Chances are with the pistol being in the less familiar hand (simulating a poor grip under stress) you wont bring the gun up and have the dot centered.

I shoot optics on a pistol way more than I do iron sights. I have been using the deltapoint pros from Leupold for about three years now. One other factor that plays into losing your dot is the small size of lens on most CC red dots. The smaller the lens makes it easier for your dot to wander.

I'm not sure how I'm coming across with all this, but my hopes are that some will understand the trade offs when adding a RDS to a CCW.

I love red dots, just not for CCW.

Comment

10-4. Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X