Need some advice on a muscle pull/tear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice on a muscle pull/tear.

I was moving a feeder last Sunday and pulled or tore a muscle in my right arm at the bend of the elbow, front side. When it happened, I felt something give and the pain was like someone had stuck a knife at the crease of the elbow. Since then I can lift anything without severe pain in the inside forearm and bicep. Can someone tell me if they think it is just strained or torn and how long before I can resume normal work around my farm?

Gettin Old SUCKS big time.

Thanks.
    Doug

Go get an MRI... It sounds like you tore something. It won't always be painful later. The longer you wait the more difficult it can be to fix..
    I'm nursing a full rotator cuff/upper bicep reconstruction surgery as I type.

Comment

Sounds like a tear, go get an MRI.

Do not waste your time or money on an X Ray. Won't show anything

Comment

Torn muscle in forearm. Ice and rest.

I slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Comment

Go get the MRI. My dad had a full detachment of one of his bicep tendons. Surgery was the only fix, and the longer you wait for surgery, the harder it is correct.

Comment

You need to go get checked out. Feeling something give is because something did.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
              Go get the MRI. My dad had a full detachment of one of his bicep tendons. Surgery was the only fix, and the longer you wait for surgery, the harder it is correct.
              This. My son had the exact same thing.

Comment

Don't be stubborn, go see a doctor.

Comment

Go see a dr. and probably will need an MRI but they can do some manual test on it.

Comment

Sounds like torn bicep tendon at the elbow the quicker see doc to fix better the recovery my dad had his done.

Comment

If you wait to long and scar tissue builds up on the tear then there is a good possibility they cannot fix it. I have what they call a Popeye biceps on my left side due to a detached biceps tendon and too much scar tissue to reattach.

Comment

i scan these on a daily.
                        Likely a bicep tendon tear at the insertion in between the radius and ulna. Do yourself a fav and request an MRI of the Rt elbow without contrast attn bicep insertion-

good luck and hopefully it didnt ball up as you may just be able to rehab it if its not disfigured

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                          i scan these on a daily.
                          Likely a bicep tendon tear at the insertion in between the radius and ulna. Do yourself a fav and request an MRI of the Rt elbow without contrast attn bicep insertion-

good luck and hopefully it didnt ball up as you may just be able to rehab it if its not disfigured
                          Thanks for the info. I see my Dr. on Monday. No disfigurement anywhere. Just sore when I turn the arm. Not as bad as yesterday. Hopefully it isn’t too bad.

Comment

Foam roll and use a lacrosse ball, start working on the area around the pain. Ice after.

Comment

Go see a DR. let them decide what is needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X