No announcement yet.

how long you known your wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 years married today. Dated for two years prior!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

how long you known your wife

My 40th anniversary is in August. Dated for a couple years before getting married. Seems like it was yesterday!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
        I always said I would try just about anything once.
        Friday will be 38 years.
        After all the ups and downs we were blessed with 3 good sons and 8 of the best grandchildren in the world.
        I’m glad this came up because I might have forgot our anniversary AGAIN!
        And I still might.
        The first time I laid eyes on her it was love at first sight.
        She was waiting on tables in a restaurant.
        I like being married.
        Get your anniversary engraved inside of your wedd’n ring

Comment

Started dating my husband in 1980. I had just graduated from high school and he was home for the summer following his freshman year of college. We spent every moment of that summer together—hot and heavy—after which, he would be returning to A&M and I would be going to UT.

Now, I didn’t date much in high school; all those guys were my friends and kissing them was like kissing my brother so, needless to say, I was looking forward to college and the veritable smorgasbord of young men at my disposal!

On the evening before he was scheduled to leave for College Station, I told him I thought we should take a break for the Fall semester so we could date other people, then we could get back together during the Christmas break. I got nothing but silence in response...no answer...radio silence...crickets. Maybe he didn’t hear me, I thought. But right before I was about to repeat myself, he said one thing to me, one simple word...he told me, “No.” That’s it, just, “No.”

Now, you need to be understand that, until that moment, no young man had ever told me anything, much less “No”! I’m not sure if it was that they were easily intimidated or that I was just that formidable, all 4’ 11” of me. Either way, I was used to calling the shots, all of them. Nevertheless, when he told me “No,” my ovaries went into overdrive and I said to myself, “I am going to have THAT man’s babies!”

To make a long story short, we got married five years later and have been together ever since. Oh, he still tries to tell me “no” every once in awhile and can’t understand why it no longer works the way it did before we were married. As I continually tell him, I’ve already had his babies and am immune to his manly ways. His response is to say, “I’ll take my chances. How about I mix you another drink?”

That man.

Comment

About 30 years.

First year or so she was dating someone else and we just danced together on Friday & Saturday nights, a LOT

Then we dated for about a year before getting married.

I couldn’t have dreamed of a better partner in life as we do everything in life together!

Married 28 years this Oct.

Comment

This October will be our 10th anniversary. We started dating in April of 2007 and got married 4 years later. She lost her father to cancer in January of of 2011 and him not being at our wedding was crushing. We did do vows in the hospital room in his final days, but he was unresponsive at the time. We celebrate our actual anniversary, but our “Tommy Anniversary” carries more meaning for us both. I travelled a lot for work early in our marriage and was selfish with my time at home. She filled the void of my absence with shopping. It got dicey early on, but through hard work and the Grace of God working through us both, we have a rock solid marriage now. She’s my everything. We’ve been blessed with a 6 year old boy, a 2 year old girl, and expecting our third child, another girl, in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Met her on a hunt in Australia in 99!
                Thought her brother on the trip was older than her so, being a disciple of the guy code, little sis was off limits.
                Last night in camp she had a few too many and asked me..."You going to hang out with my little brother this whole trip or pay any attention to me?" Ha! See ya little bro!
                Been married since 2004. Best decision I ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                  Met her on a hunt in Australia in 99!
                  Thought her brother on the trip was older than her so, being a disciple of the guy code, little sis was off limits.
                  Last night in camp she had a few too many and asked me..."You going to hang out with my little brother this whole trip or pay any attention to me?" Ha! See ya little bro!
                  Been married since 2004. Best decision I ever made.
                  Were you both from the same area?

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    Started dating my husband in 1980. I had just graduated from high school and he was home for the summer following his freshman year of college. We spent every moment of that summer together—hot and heavy—after which, he would be returning to A&M and I would be going to UT.

Now, I didn’t date much in high school; all those guys were my friends and kissing them was like kissing my brother so, needless to say, I was looking forward to college and the veritable smorgasbord of young men at my disposal!

On the evening before he was scheduled to leave for College Station, I told him I thought we should take a break for the Fall semester so we could date other people, then we could get back together during the Christmas break. I got nothing but silence in response...no answer...radio silence...crickets. Maybe he didn’t hear me, I thought. But right before I was about to repeat myself, he said one thing to me, one simple word...he told me, “No.” That’s it, just, “No.”

Now, you need to be understand that, until that moment, no young man had ever told me anything, much less “No”! I’m not sure if it was that they were easily intimidated or that I was just that formidable, all 4’ 11” of me. Either way, I was used to calling the shots, all of them. Nevertheless, when he told me “No,” my ovaries went into overdrive and I said to myself, “I am going to have THAT man’s babies!”

To make a long story short, we got married five years later and have been together ever since. Oh, he still tries to tell me “no” every once in awhile and can’t understand why it no longer works the way it did before we were married. As I continually tell him, I’ve already had his babies and am immune to his manly ways. His response is to say, “I’ll take my chances. How about I mix you another drink?”

That man.

Much good stories, but this one really tickled and touched me at the same time!
                    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I helped my wife move into her college dorm. I was a sophomore, an official AGATE (Appointed Guide to Aid and Temporarily Encourage) tasked with welcoming incoming freshmen. I posted a note in the boys dorm that read, "If you are on my list here is my phone number. Call if you need me," and went to the girls dorm. We went out for pizza that night. That was 1975. We've been married for 43 years this August.

Last edited by FamousAmos; 04-22-2021, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        Were you both from the same area?
                        Nope- she was from Kerrville - I was from Orlando. We kept in touch loosely after the trip for a few years. Did a cross-country roadtrip right after college and needed a place to stay in Dallas- hadn't seen her in 2 years but thought what the heck- gave her a call. Spent 3 nights in Dallas and told my best friend I was marrying that woman when we headed west after 3 days.
                        He didn't buy it. He was wrong.

Comment

We met 38 years ago and have been married for 32. When taking the wedding vows you make a commitment to God, your spouse, friends and family to be as one for richer, poorer and in sickness and in health. We have taken those vows seriously.

I like to think I keep her looking young. She just celebrated her 61st birthday.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                            Nope- she was from Kerrville - I was from Orlando. We kept in touch loosely after the trip for a few years. Did a cross-country roadtrip right after college and needed a place to stay in Dallas- hadn't seen her in 2 years but thought what the heck- gave her a call. Spent 3 nights in Dallas and told my best friend I was marrying that woman when we headed west after 3 days.
                            He didn't buy it. He was wrong.
                            Nice

Comment

Went on our First Date on Feb 7, 1988, Got married April 8, 1988. We have been thru some tough times but we vowed to each other and to God that we would stay together until death do us part and we both meant it. Love each other more every day.

Comment

For my wife and I it has been a journey to say the least. This is a partnership in every aspect. No lies, no cover-ups and you will have some disagreements and or fights. If not I think you are not communicating with each other. Agree to disagree on some things and remember, YOU ask her into this, not the other way around.

I will tell you I was an *** during the early years and am dang glad she had skin like a RHINO! I learned she meant the world to me but not soon enough in my opinion. We stuck together and have made a good life for both of us through hard work from both of us. She made 3 times the money I made for over 20 years before our retirement, but it did not affect me, she earned every penny of it. We have grown closer the last 20 years and even more so during our retirement in 2020. We will celebrate 48 years of marriage on May 26th!

Cherish what you have, it can be gone in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X