Smoked shotgun shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked shotgun shells

Just pulled these off the smoker. Waiting for them to cool some. Can't wait!

This is the recipe I used

https://kentrollins.com/smoked-shotgun-shells/

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

You know, they do kinda look like shotgun shells. How’s they taste?

Comment

My bride has been after me to make some more of these... that Rollins recipe tastes pretty **** good

Comment

De you toothpick the bacon?

Comment

No toothpick, you stuff the noodles hard and uncooked. Tast was great but too dry for me.

Comment

I used the following recipe with H‑E‑B hatch chili sausage. Turned out great

Comment

Gonna have to try these. Did potato bombs yesterday.

Comment

Tips- if your gonna do it that way make sure the bacon covers the entire noodle don’t leave any part uncovered it will keep from making the sheels hard. #2 you can boil the noddles first then put all your mix in a ziplock bag and cut a small corner and squeeze it into the shell like a cake decorating bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
                  Tips- if your gonna do it that way make sure the bacon covers the entire noodle don’t leave any part uncovered it will keep from making the sheels hard. #2 you can boil the noddles first then put all your mix in a ziplock bag and cut a small corner and squeeze it into the shell like a cake decorating bag.
                  Think both your tips would make a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
                    I'm thinking wrap them in foil and cook for a bit then unwrap and finish.

Comment

I love making these. Another good thing is to use a buffalo chicken stuffing, then brush with a buffalo sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        I'm thinking wrap them in foil and cook for a bit then unwrap and finish.
                        nah, go with pink butcher paper like the pros would

Comment

Made some Sunday. These things are allsome! The ends were a little crunchy, so I'll have to figure out a better way to wrap the bacon better.

Comment

My cousin makes these and said the secret is to make them the night ahead and cover with foil. I think Kent's recipe says to sit a few hours before. The moisture from the stuffing and the bacon softens the manicotti up

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              Made some Sunday. These things are allsome! The ends were a little crunchy, so I'll have to figure out a better way to wrap the bacon better.
                              Let the bacon warm up to where it will stretch. Then wrap the whole thing. I've wrapped thousands of Texas Twinkies and this is the easiest way. No need to ever toothpick unless you're one of those people who are stingy with bacon. I'm not. I serve to the public so the last thing I need is somebody chomping down on a forgotten toothpick. I don't do the shotgun shells because I don't like the pasta texture with the other stuff going on. Same principle though. You can easily wrap an entire shotgun shell(ends included) with one piece of bacon
                              Last edited by Graysonhogs; 02-28-2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X