Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I wish you hadnt lost the top for that rig
    I found one in Colorado when we went elk hunting sir. Brought it back with me

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZed3g_II9I"]2-step and Transbrake Testing in the Shop - YouTube[/ame]

Set the 2 step and transbrake last night. Hard to tell from the video how healthy it sounds. Tighty Whitey is loaded and will be making her turbo debut this evening

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKiX3S1fMCM"]Truck Nationals 2023 Round 1 - YouTube[/ame]

This video was from Saturday at truck nationals

Comment

Sexy Yota!

Man those are some nice Trucks!

Comment

How did the Tighty-Whitey do?

Comment

In for the results!
              Iā€™m guessing 7.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. I saw all the trucks heading north on 59 this weekend as I was dragging the car to Beeville for an SCCA event. I guess this was what was going on this weekend.

Very cool OP, love the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                  In for the results!
                  Iā€™m guessing 7.2

Pretty close sir. First pass was minimum boost and we ran a low 7. Turned it up and it would just spin the tires until I let out. We had a good feeling that would be the case but did not want to change too many variables at once. We are going to make some chassis adjustments this evening and either run Friday night or just race the red one on Saturday at a full size truck event.

Comment

Spinning ain't winning

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnPqgzN5jv0"]3rd Test Pass @HMP 2-24-2023 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

More Spinning

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8i3qGeOGJs"]2nd test pass @HMP 2-24-2023 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

ever get the white truck straightened out?

Comment

Originally posted by chaseh View Post
                          ever get the white truck straightened out?
                          Adjusted the bars and believe we have the traction issue taken care of. Now we are chasing an oil leak but very close to being done sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post

Put you a couple bags of corn in the backā€¦or pea gravel [emoji28]

Comment

This is awesome!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

After taking the truck apart more times than I care to admit, we found and fixed the oil leak. Every time we addressed what we thought was the problem, we would start the truck and let it get to temp in the shop. 0 oil leaks. Go make some test hits on the street and bring it back in the shop. Oil everywhere. 2 valley covers/gaskets, front and rear covers/gaskets, rear mains, oil pan gasket, new oil sending unit and new turbo oil lines. I got up Saturday and started to pull the truck apart one last time before I threw in the towel. Pulled the driveshaft and transmission to check the rear cover again. After looking at it, we did not think that was the issue but went ahead and pulled it, RTVd the crap out of it and reinstalled. Threw the starter and flex plate back on and fired it up. No leak as normal. Truck was on the lift, so my buddy grabbed a ladder and revved it up to 6k rpm or so, oil started spraying. We had previously added dye in the oil to see if we could find the leak with a blacklight. Even at this point we could not determine where it was coming from. Pulled the starter and flexplate and you could see there was oil in the top bell housing bolt (we do not install this one because it is a PITA to get in/out). We were like there is no freaking way oil could be seeping through this bolt hole. We happened to have a set screw that would go in flush that would not interfere with the transmission install, so we pookied the crap out of it and then torqued her down. Drank a beer or two and let it set up. Threw the starter and flexplate back on and fired her up. No oil leaks. Banged on her pretty good and she does not leak a drop. Finished putting it together last night and headed to the track this afternoon. We did adjust the ladder bars so traction should not be a problem, I hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X