No announcement yet.

CNC router projects! who has one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you guys run a Mill Right? If so, any feedback on them?

Comment

Some cool stuff in here, I bought a Laguna IQ as well back in September. I have a cabinet shop but we don’t have space for a 4x8 or 3 phase power. I mostly use ours for add-ons to existing projects, stuff like notches for pulls in drawer faces, adjustable shelf holes, curved ribs, etc.

I’d like to have an ATC, but with the standard model I can run long panels under the machine which I use more than I thought I would.

The detailed 3d carving stuff is really neat, but it seems impossible to make any $ at it if you’re trying to do it as a real business. That one picture with the ducks and reeds was 19 hrs total cut time, at $25/hr for the machine run time you’d be $475 before any sanding, finishing, or design time. I could see it working well as a hobby business or for gifts though, since the true overhead isn’t very high.

Comment

I’m looking at the Mill Right Mega V pro because of the 4th axis. My wish list drives the cost of a machine up beyond what I want to pay. I would be doing this as a hobby when I’m retired so little if any ROI expected. I’d love 4x4, air cooled spindle, 4th axis, laser and would like to stay in the $10k range or less so there will be some trade-offs.

Comment

Just pulled the trigger on a Spark Robotic 4x4.

Comment

Maybe someday soon I can be posting pics of what I made.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
              Maybe someday soon I can be posting pics of what I made.
              Almost there

Comment

Texas prototype finished. Holy moly this thing is sharp!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                  Looks like it’s going to be pretty sharp.

You still running the Laguna IQ? I’m trying to decide what I want to buy and like them but those are a bit pricier than what I want to spend.

Yes, Laguna iQ.
                  Now have access at work to a Multicam 5x10 with 8 tool changer.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                    The detailed 3d carving stuff is really neat, but it seems impossible to make any $ at it if you’re trying to do it as a real business. That one picture with the ducks and reeds was 19 hrs total cut time, at $25/hr for the machine run time you’d be $475 before any sanding, finishing, or design time. I could see it working well as a hobby business or for gifts though, since the true overhead isn’t very high.

Correct, 3D files are a waste of time. You will never get real price from them.
                    However I do run my machine overnight while I sleep, which does help offset pricing.

You have to find a niche and promote why your product is superior to all the 100s of others that exist.

Comment

Next project will be cutting color core plastic to make mount plaques for my Nilgai from Laguna Atascosa
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X