1911 DIY fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1911 DIY fun

Stripped down the 1911 to put some polished nitre blued pins and screws on her and will decide on mammoth tusk or some nice burl wood to make handles next. This isn't a high end gun to start with but everything can be taken off and used on another gun in the future. Surprisingly I've been super pleased with the performance though - it's a US version of the Turkish Tisas spec 1911. Had to reference some diagrams to get her back together. Don't do this if you don't know what springs are under pressure also! haaa (ask me and my dog how we know - he quickly found pieces that bounced off the ceiling!)
    first pic is before the teardown with original hardware
    Attached Files

Added the magwell as well and was surprised at how far it has to be taken down to replace the pins. For what it’s worth, I grabbed it up for $329 on palmetto’s site and it really does shoot well.

Comment

Good to know
      Been eyeing a few

Comment

I bought 2 of these a few weeks ago. they have functioned flawlessly through 100 or so rounds. I was pleasantly surprised at the fit and finish as well.

Comment

Originally posted by J Loves Huntin View Post
          Good to know
          Been eyeing a few
          Originally posted by BGlegal1 View Post
          I bought 2 of these a few weeks ago. they have functioned flawlessly through 100 or so rounds. I was pleasantly surprised at the fit and finish as well.
          Yeah, I was honestly shocked and I'd definitely buy another to play with. Ordered some g10 grips for now until i decide what I want to make the grips out of. Really excited about this new toy!

Comment

Finished it off with g10 grips. Feels good.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
              Finished it off with g10 grips. Feels good.
              Looks good also!!

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                Looks good also!!
                Thanks, hard to capture the pins in pics but they pop pretty nicely.

Comment

Working...
                X