DIY combo box blind input needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY combo box blind input needed

Wanting to build a box blind. Bow and rifle combo. Wood. I don’t have a welder and never learned to it. Yet.

Need input on what you’d change in what you’ve built. What you like and dislike. And if you have plans/drawing of it that would be awesome.

Thinking a 6x8 will be the ticket. Slightly elevated.

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    Wanting to build a box blind. Bow and rifle combo. Wood. I don’t have a welder and never learned to it. Yet.

Need input on what you’d change in what you’ve built. What you like and dislike. And if you have plans/drawing of it that would be awesome.

Thinking a 6x8 will be the ticket. Slightly elevated.
    I'm actually building one right now. Was going to post it after because it's been taking a while since I've been busy with work. I'm not the best at building and I wanted something a little different. That being said I would advise to make it a rectangle. I was STUPID and decided to put angles in it than learned every dang piece needs to be at a angle. It's almost 12 ft wide, 7 ft 6 in front and 7 ft back elevated 2 ft. What a pain it's been but in the end the kids will love it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Holy sheeet… hope you have a crane to get that thing off the trailer when it’s done. It’ll be awesome though.

OP, I think your sizing is about right. You can get as complicated or as simple as you’d like. I prefer smaller, square gun windows on a combo blind. I don’t like all of the huge windows when I’m bow hunting. Be mindful of your intended location when deciding on windows. 2-3 vertical bow windows if you have multiple shooting lanes. 4-6 smaller, square gun windows. Shelf. Bow hanger. Go with an RV style door. 4-6 ft of elevation. Then get as fancy as you want with carpet, insulation, solar, battery bank, chargers, lights, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
        Holy sheeet… hope you have a crane to get that thing off the trailer when it’s done. It’ll be awesome though.

OP, I think your sizing is about right. You can get as complicated or as simple as you’d like. I prefer smaller, square gun windows on a combo blind. I don’t like all of the huge windows when I’m bow hunting. Be mindful of your intended location when deciding on windows. 2-3 vertical bow windows if you have multiple shooting lanes. 4-6 smaller, square gun windows. Shelf. Bow hanger. Go with an RV style door. 4-6 ft of elevation. Then get as fancy as you want with carpet, insulation, solar, battery bank, chargers, lights, etc.

I’m not adding any of the extra besides carpet. And maybe a trap door urinal

Comment

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
          I'm actually building one right now. Was going to post it after because it's been taking a while since I've been busy with work. I'm not the best at building and I wanted something a little different. That being said I would advise to make it a rectangle. I was STUPID and decided to put angles in it than learned every dang piece needs to be at a angle. It's almost 12 ft wide, 7 ft 6 in front and 7 ft back elevated 2 ft. What a pain it's been but in the end the kids will love it.
          Holy crap haha. Gonna do a rectangle for sure. That doesn’t look like a fun time there. But looks like you’re killing it!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            I’m not adding any of the extra besides carpet. And maybe a trap door urinal

Ha! I actually have done a PVC urinal. Put a cap on it for when not in use. Stepped down to 1/2” when it exited the blind and then ran it straight down into the ground. Dug a hole, put a cut off gallon container in the hole, pipe in the top, and then covered with dirt. It was handy.

Comment

I started putting horse stall mat instead of carpet easier to sweep out I have been very happy with Deer View windows

Comment

[ATTACH]1070616[/ATTACH]

Comment

For what you are gonna spend building from lumber just get a Krivoman instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you make the box out of wood, I would suggest that you get someone to weld up a bottom to set it on!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      For what you are gonna spend building from lumber just get a Krivoman instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Haha!! Ain't that the truth. When all said and done I could have bought 2 Krivos.

Comment

Build a bow blind, and fit a rifle rest to it, or use a tripod. It isn't really worth the trouble to try to build a hybrid.

Comment

I started to build a big octagon blind right as lumber started going up. All I had was the frame done.. I ended up taking off what good wood I could and burnt the rest. I would have spent another grand in wood and windows.. I only lost about 45$ worth of wood.

Comment

I'd try and find one of these to build one out of

[ATTACH]1070649[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1070650[/ATTACH]

Comment

Last one I built is 5x10. Perfect fit for a family

Comment

Working...
                              X