Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
    [emoji1787][emoji1787]Here yee! Here yee![emoji146]

That's one of the several publications that came about this year, very flattering article. Matt is good writer on outdoors topics.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    First off, congrats on the success over the years, both in draws and harvests.
    I would like to know if you are getting drawn in the actual draw, or are you showing up and getting stand by spots for the different areas? It seems to me the stand by spots are a much higher percentage to get access to the hunt, and most don't try for them.

Comment

Congrats. You did a great job. I have seen less whining on high fence threads.

The booty hurt is tremendous

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        The jealousy on this thread is staggering to me. Congrats sir on your streak….I hope it continues. I’ve been called lucky all my life. I finally figured out my luck was mostly preparation meeting opportunity. Others are completely unaware of the preparation part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Agreed. I know Greg very well and we’ve hunted together a lot. We met at Laguna in 2015 I think and have been buds ever since. I can say this about him, he prepares like no other! I thought I went hard on public hunts but he outdoes me and it shows! Greg’s #1 attribute to being successful is having the availability to make the hunts and spend time in the woods! Being single is a huge plus for him
        I’m coming for your title Greg, Remember that!!!
        In 7 years of draw hunts, I have been drawn 10-11 times with no standby hunts. Greg you got me with all your **** standby selections!

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
          First off, congrats on the success over the years, both in draws and harvests.

I would like to know if you are getting drawn in the actual draw, or are you showing up and getting stand by spots for the different areas? It seems to me the stand by spots are a much higher percentage to get access to the hunt, and most don't try for them.
          Both. Most I've drawn, but I have been selected before on standby, and that is itself, lucky. Many times standby is limited and a lot of folks at the standby and alot of turning back around to drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            The jealousy on this thread is staggering to me. Congrats sir on your streak….I hope it continues. I’ve been called lucky all my life. I finally figured out my luck was mostly preparation meeting opportunity. Others are completely unaware of the preparation part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I think is was Thomas Jefferson that said something like "he was a believer in luck, he found that the harder he worked the more he had"

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
              I think is was Thomas Jefferson that said something like "he was a believer in luck, he found that the harder he worked the more he had"
              Thats a good one right there. Solid quote.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                I think those words fits this very accurately.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                  Both. Most I've drawn, but I have been selected before on standby, and that is itself, lucky. Many times standby is limited and a lot of folks at the standby and alot of turning back around to drive home.

I agree it is a risky endeavor to do standby, but I have to think that compared to the actual drawings, it is a higher probability. The mere fact that it is risky keeps the numbers down I would think. I was drawn for 1 hunt so far a few years ago. There were 4 of us who actually drew. The biologist allowed another 8 hunters to hunt (though he gave us draw hunters the primo compartments). About 20-25 hunters showed up for the standby spots. 8 out of 25 is a heck of a lot better than 1 out of 3000+ (not accounting for points as that really muddies up the math). I talked to a guy (who luckily was awarded a standby spot) who drove 10+ hours just to try for a spot. That is a lot of dedication that most just won't have. Either way, congrats on all of the success. I know I am one of the jealous ones.

Comment

Can someone explain to me how one works hard to draw a $3.00 permit in a raffle where there is a computer generated winner of said permit?

I haven't read a single post knocking anybody or any animals that were killed. Some comments doing a little friendly razzing about how does somebody draw that many permits every year and guys jump to stroking egos and claiming others are jealous of kills. Congrats on the success you've had at the wma's GB

Comment

i'd like to follow you around on a few of these hunts to glean from how you approach the hunt (pre-hunt prep) to how you actively pursue the animals. you either had great teachers, lots of study/trial/error, or God given favor to find the animals... maybe a bit of it all.

Comment

How many folks posting in this thread were offended when I called the Astros cheaters last night in another thread [emoji848][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                          Can someone explain to me how one works hard to draw a $3.00 permit in a raffle where there is a computer generated winner of said permit?

I haven't read a single post knocking anybody or any animals that were killed. Some comments doing a little friendly razzing about how does somebody draw that many permits every year and guys jump to stroking egos and claiming others are jealous of kills. Congrats on the success you've had at the wma's GB

Comment

I think the hard work comes in when talking about his success, not necessarily the drawing itself. Getting drawn is plain luck.

Comment

Thanks.

I won't say I work hard to draw a $3.00 permit in a raffle that is computer generated because thats not work or hard , but I do have a very detailed understanding of what I'm doing when I'm apply and how. That I won't explain, I keep that to myself and close hunting partners. It's no secret, just my approach.

I'll give an example, I have a relative with 31+ points in GDE. He has applied to one specific WMA for 31 years, he started including his sons when they became adults. I explained that he is lowering his group average, by less than 1/3 of his points. Drop the sons from your card, put them on their own card, apply solo, and have a much better probability of getting drawn. Also don't get hung up on one specific place, theres better! Once he does that, I expect he will draw his first year, then he can ride his sons preference points![emoji28]

Comment

I think that G bludau and I do some similar stuff. I make a spreadsheet and track where I am applying, what kind of hunts, and how much my friends owe for paying for their application. Time consuming should be switched out for hard work. The work happens once you have drawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X