Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you in Spanish Woods subdivision?

Comment

Very cool wand. You been turning anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
        Are you in Spanish Woods subdivision?
        No, I'm in the country club on Henderson.

Originally posted by bobc View Post
        Very cool wand. You been turning anything else?
        I'm just finishing up a lamp that I turned from an old cedar log. Lots of cool character in that wood.

Comment

I built a mobile workbench a few years ago, before we moved and well before I built this workshop. It's served me well, and I use it every time I'm in the shop. It's never really clean (whose is?), but it's held up well.

I had put a couple videos together at the time to document the build, but I wanted to re-make it to show the full build all in one go:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOmhlgPve4c"]DIY Mobile Workbench for my Small Workshop - YouTube[/ame]

Another shop update - I got a "real" table saw! I found a deal on a used Grizzly here on TBH that I couldn't pass up, and it's awesome! It came with a mobile base, a couple of nice blades, and a Grizzly dust collector. I've got it tuned up, and it works extremely well.

I'm looking at adding a router table and lift to the right side between the fence rails at some point.
          Last edited by goofiefoot; 10-21-2022, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I picked up some free mulberry wood destined for a fireplace a while back, and have been anxious to do something with it. This past weekend I turned my first bowl on the lathe, and while I made a ton of mistakes (and learned from them) I am extremely pleased with how this turned out (see what I did there?).

The grain in this wood is amazing! A lot of depth and flash to it. I've got a lot of the logs cut down and drying in the shop, so I'm looking forward to making more stuff with mulberry.

Here's the full video, showcasing the highs and lows of turning this bowl.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C07seqg6EVs"]My first bowl on the lathe - YouTube[/ame]

I'd love some input/advice/suggestions from you woodturners on how to improve my turning, so don't be shy about feedback!

Comment

Goode stuff! See what I did there?
              Subscribed to both channels.
              Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by gwellstx View Post
                Goode stuff! See what I did there?
                Subscribed to both channels.
                Keep it up!
                Thank you!

Comment

I've finally completed some of my shop projects, and have been working on condensing video footage down into watchable chunks. The first one was the most needed - my miter saw workstation. I love having the extra storage from the drawers!

Follow along while I build a mobile miter saw stations with removable casters and storage drawers for my 10x20 tiny workshop. I enjoy building innovative sh...

I've also been enjoying lathe work, particularly bowl turning. Here are some of my recent pieces:

These I turned from each half of a piece of ash firewood I found in my dad's woodpile. The spalting was a nice surprise.

I made this spalted maple platter for my mom's birthday. I think it came out nice.

I found a mesquite log on the beach and turned this dish from one half. I'm still considering what to do with the second half.

Last edited by goofiefoot; 08-07-2023, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I finished up another tool cart that saves some space in the shop. It gave me the excuse to buy a new sander, too.

I'll be building a space-saving flip top tool stand to house my planer and oscillating sander in my compact 10x20 workshop. Having limited space doesn't mean...

I'm behind big-time on editing videos, and hope to have more updates soon.​

Comment

I'm really proud of this one! We replaced our 1970s front door before we moved out of our last house, and I thought I might be able to do something with the mahogany, so I lugged it along when we moved. Fast forward 3 years, and I finally found a good use for it. I got to use some new (for me) joinery techniques and used most of the tools in my shop (as well as a buddy's). The finished product turn out pretty well - not perfect, but I'm pleased. My video is a bit long, but shows all the cool stuff I got to figure out along the way.

I built a modern console table out of an old entry door, and it turned out amazing! Follow along to see how I used this reclaimed mahogany wood to build a l...

Comment

Looks Great

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X