Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerrville Schreiner park

Hi,

Anybody got drawn for the Kerrvielle Schriner park?. I got selected for December 11 to 13. Trying to get some info on baiting. Online says "not allowed" but I see past reports where corn was used.

? Not sure on the baiting but I will do some scouting for you, will be there the week of Thanksgiving. My family has camped in the park on Thanksgiving for 5-6 years now, I will try and get some pictures for ya.

Comment

I'd call the park to confirm. When I hunted there several years ago, we were allowed to bait.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
        ? Not sure on the baiting but I will do some scouting for you, will be there the week of Thanksgiving. My family has camped in the park on Thanksgiving for 5-6 years now, I will try and get some pictures for ya.
        Thanks, really appreciated it.

Comment

I hunted there a few years ago and we were allowed to bait. Good luck. I'd love to hunt out there again.

Comment

Baiting has been allowed ever since this hunt was started. I don't think they are going to change it. Especially with the type of hunting that is done there/blind locations/feed stakes. Broken up bale of alfalfa spread out will be your friend. Apple corn on top of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Baiting has been allowed ever since this hunt was started. I don't think they are going to change it. Especially with the type of hunting that is done there/blind locations/feed stakes. Broken up bale of alfalfa spread out will be your friend. Apple corn on top of that.
              Got it, thanks

Comment

Good luck to you. Baiting is allowed and they keep them fed daily. Enjoy your hunt, they have wt deer, axis, and black buck.

Comment

Ok, we are here now camping and this year they have set up corn feeders all over the place. Riding bike trails with my kids they have some really good setups. Also first time I have ever seen and axis deer. They are chasing pretty good, bucks running around scent checking does, saw one pretty good size 10 and a lot of smaller ratchet heads. Been raining the last few days, good luck on your hunt. Should be a fun one for sure.

Comment

That sound great. My hunt is Dec 11-13. Hopefully they still have the feeders running by them. They have a TYHP hunt fist weekend of December and then the 3 public hunts.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9C45B903-F4F6-4A6C-85E6-C12A59BF8619.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	24700653
                      It’s a nice hunt.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

[QUOTE=Tmag;16545635]Click image for larger version

Name:	9C45B903-F4F6-4A6C-85E6-C12A59BF8619.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	24700653

I hate to tel you but your pop up is just a frame. It’s supposed to come with material on it.. but seriously that’s cool. What brand is this?

Comment

Get ya one Tim!

Comment

[quote=SCREAMINREELS;16545885]
                              Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                              [ATTACH]1111993[/ATTACH]

I hate to tel you but your pop up is just a frame. It’s supposed to come with material on it.. but seriously that’s cool. What brand is this?
                              That's the new Inviso Camo. It's the latest thing on the market. Garronteed it won't be seen.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                              X