Final Table Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    I did this a month ago. All of those fancy spices are expensive!!
    A little too sweet for my tastes, but a good starting point (for me). Thanks
    If you go to Central Market, or Sprouts (at least around DFW) you can buy almost any spice you would ever need at a much discounted price. You scoop it out of a jar and take as much or as little as you need. Priced by the ounce. Kind of like buying nuts and bolts at Home Depot. You get what you need, bag it, and write down what you have. It's the only way to buy spices. The stuff in the jars is pretty, but I'll take a bunch of baggies in the pantry for $20 before I'll spend $100 on less product in a little jar.

Comment

Originally posted by sticks&strings View Post
      what kind of bbq sauce are ya'll using to compliment this? Going to try this saturday.
      lmao!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Carnivore;1434158]

Hope this pic comes out. Here is my baby.[/QUOTE

pretty smoker!!

Comment

i always cook fat side up in competions. have a cook-off in May at the Sam Houston Race Track. will try the rub.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
            lmao!!!
            Not sure what's so Funny? Did I tell a joke?

Comment

I believe he was finding humor in the possible, yet hopefully un-needed use of bbq sauce...however, cooking and eating smoked meat is a "to each his own" taste, in my opinion. Honestly, if I were to pair this sweeter type of rub (I haven't made the rub yet, but folks are hinting that it's a sweeter one) with a sause, I would probably find and/or make one to use VERY sparingly with a more tangy or vinegary consistency. Again, this is my own taste as said before, but it should pair nicely with a sweeter rub.

Comment

I have made this receipe twice and it the best briskett I have ever done. It is not sweet and the flavor is wonderfull. Very juicy and not dry at all. I followed all the recommendations to a "t ".

It is very good with or without a little sauce on the side. Just depends on who is eatting it and what they like.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                  I believe he was finding humor in the possible, yet hopefully un-needed use of bbq sauce...however, cooking and eating smoked meat is a "to each his own" taste, in my opinion. Honestly, if I were to pair this sweeter type of rub (I haven't made the rub yet, but folks are hinting that it's a sweeter one) with a sause, I would probably find and/or make one to use VERY sparingly with a more tangy or vinegary consistency. Again, this is my own taste as said before, but it should pair nicely with a sweeter rub.

Yeah, I agree. I actually tend to really like a good sauce. Haven't found a store bought one yet, but I think a good sauce is harder to come by than a good brisket. Many people cook good briskets, and regardless how GREAT it is I like a sauce.

I guess that's funny to him since I like something different than he.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe. We used it on a tri-tip last night and it turned out awesome!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Do you put your brisket on the pit cold or at room temperature?

Comment

We cooked this one not to Long ago and I loved it!!! Very juicy....

Here are some pictures of the brisket and pitClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305060652.583997.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	23990661

Juicyyy
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305060686.099211.jpg
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	23990662

Pit
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305060719.032894.jpg
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	23990663

Comment

Originally posted by daveally View Post
                          Thanks for the recipe. We used it on a tri-tip last night and it turned out awesome!

I like this idea...

Comment

sounds good

Comment

Can't wait to try this out this weekend, I have everything but the Savory. Couldn't find it at Walmart or Brokshire's. Trying Kroger next. This will be the first thing on the smoker I built and the first brisket I've cooked. I just hope it works out right.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                                Can't wait to try this out this weekend, I have everything but the Savory. Couldn't find it at Walmart or Brokshire's. Trying Kroger next. This will be the first thing on the smoker I built and the first brisket I've cooked. I just hope it works out right.
                                Good luck finding the savory. I never did find the ground savory. I found it unground in the leaf form and just used it like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X