No announcement yet.

Matador 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dixie Maid Drive-Inn makes a delicious burger!

Comment

Yessir, we got lucky room#7 lol. That’s where we’re going to eat tonight. Probably run up to Childress a night or two for a sit down dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
        Dixie Maid Drive-Inn makes a delicious burger!
        Yes it does!

Comment

Few decent places in Childress to eat…

The plaza is decent Mexican food. It’s always busy.
          Top notch BBQ is on the east side of town. It’s also good.
          There’s all sorts of places off of 287 to eat. Best one I’ve found was breakfast burritos at la unica taqueria. It’s only open for breakfast/lunch though.

Comment

Good luck this morning guys!

Comment

Good Luck Gentlemen!!

Comment

good luck guys!

Comment

Im in on this one. Good luck.

Comment

It’s go time, just drew our unit and waiting for the rest to draw. We have the north section of Lone Canyon. Cale draws in a few. Cold, foggy and windy this morning.

Comment

Good luck buddy!

Comment

Dropped off Dad and my uncle, and I’m set up on a point with draws on each side out of the wind. Just sitting and glassing. Saw a big hog while looking around but no shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                          Dropped off Dad and my uncle, and I’m set up on a point with draws on each side out of the wind. Just sitting and glassing. Saw a big hog while looking around but no shot.
                          One of the coolest public places I've ever been on. Good luck!!

Comment

This should be good…you are in a good pasture for sure!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty eventful first hunt. I dropped off the old farts and headed to the NW corner of the compartment. Found a good spot to sit with a good view of two valleys for a bit. Decided to get up and look around some, and headed over a big hill with the wind in my face. Just down the opposite side, I saw my first deer. Mulie doe and a buck right behind her. They were looking right at me and started walking towards me. They walked up to within 35 yards then moved over to get downwind of me. Dang things actually started walking back towards me. Lol. Buck was a solid 4x4 about 17-18 “ wide.

They finally started heading back behind me, so I moved on into the valley below. Worked all the way around the west side and back to the truck. I pulled up to mark my spot for tomorrow and two more bucks walked right in front of the truck. Another 4x4 and a 5x5 that was possibly legal. I went after them and followed them about 150 yards to get a better look at the larger one. Just couldn’t talk myself into taking a shot.
                              Heck of a first day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a great first day! Thanks for the update and pictures!

Comment

Working...
                                X