Building up a 2018 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayB View Post
    I put the LEER cover on mine. Operates the same way, PLUS you can easily unclip it to take it totally off when needed. one think you will notice, if up and window is blocked, there will be a whistling sound that may get your attention

Thanks for the link to the box tie downs. They were delivered in 2 days and clip/screw right in place.
    Yeah, I drove with the Bakflip cover up against the cab many times in my last truck, and it was not quiet. The Gator version goes on/off with 2 hand knobs, so it's fairly easy to remove when needed, too.

I'm glad those Boxlink tie downs worked out for you!

Comment

Since my truck did not come with a bedliner, I decided to try out applying one myself. I chose the Herculiner Roll On Bedliner Kit, as I wasn't too keen on trying out a spray on liner in my driveway, and liked the thicker texture of the Herculiner.

To ensure a nice thick base on the bottom of the bed and tailgate, I bought an extra quart of the liquid so I could add a third layer in those areas.

Check out the video of the application:

--> https://youtu.be/UQg8uJ35V4s <--

This was a messy, time-consuming process, and if I had to do it again, I'd probably pay a professional to spray one on. I am glad to have had the experience doing it, though.

Here are the products I used:

Herculiner DIY Roll On Bed Liner Kit
      Herculiner Bed Liner Liquid (quart)
      Xylol Xylene
      Drill Paint Mixer
      Painter's Tape
      Drill Brush/Scuff Pad Kit

Almost done with the bed area now. Just a couple more add ons.

Comment

Based on some of the posts I see on here quite frequently, you might consider some sort of concealed GPS tracker. Maybe hidden in the taillights or up under the hitch where you can access power.

Comment

Originally posted by rswell2 View Post
          Based on some of the posts I see on here quite frequently, you might consider some sort of concealed GPS tracker. Maybe hidden in the taillights or up under the hitch where you can access power.
          Funny enough, the dealership I bought it from adds trackers to all the vehicles they sell, so I'm covered there. Shhh...don't tell anyone.

Comment

I have been following along on Youtube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
              I have been following along on Youtube
              Thanks, man! I appreciate folks following along!

Comment

Great looking truck!

Comment

Nice truck!

Comment

Looks good! I just added a Decked truck bed drawer system to my 2018 F150. Can’t wait to put it through its paces. Definitely liking the added organization and storage.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAArrowSlinger View Post
                      Looks good! I just added a Decked truck bed drawer system to my 2018 F150. Can’t wait to put it through its paces. Definitely liking the added organization and storage.
                      Nice! I looked at that system, and it appears to be a solid option for our trucks. How much of a process is it to put it in, and take it out?

Comment

Originally posted by goofiefoot View Post
                        Nice! I looked at that system, and it appears to be a solid option for our trucks. How much of a process is it to put it in, and take it out?
                        I really like the organization of it so far! Took me about 2 hours to get it assembled and dropped into the bed after I put a couple of the parts on backwards lol I feel like I could remove it in less than 10 minutes if I wanted to take it out. Assembly was definitely the most time consuming part.

Comment

I bought a 2020 XLT and added leather...amongst other stuff.

OP, I highly recommend adding the tailgate assist for $67 off of Amazon. Pull the handle, let the tailgate fall...and it falls slow and smooth. Everything is there, just need to add these parts...which is what the Lariats have.

YouTube install instructions
                          Last edited by Shinesintx; 02-23-2021, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Ain't nothing better than adding all the goodies to make a truck your own! Keep up the good work man!

Comment

I drive the same year model in white as well, but with the 5.0L and 5.5ft bed. Love it...I bought it new back then. One thing I added to my truck for 30$....a bed damper shock to drop that tailgate...it's easily worth 30$...amazon has them.

Comment

Great thread. I have a '17... I got the headlight, fog light and reverse light bulbs you suggested. I also replaced the bed lights with LED:

FYI, there are two different bulbs for the reverse lights (I wasn't aware). Check your truck before you buy, or you'll be returning them (like me).

Did you do the headlights the "right" way, or did you go through the front of wheel wells?

Comment

Working...
                                X