Was a chili kinda day…. Aoudad chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Heck we laugh back at y'all eating them...
    That makes two of us then

Comment

My son and a couple of his buddies went on an aoudad guided hunt a couple years ago, they shot 4 rams, the outfitter told them " we leave them for the buzzards " if you want we will help you clean it but it is not fit to eat.

Comment

Did you put beans in the chili? If not, you should have!

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          I've never had an aoudad that wasn't good. From ewes to mature giant rams, they were all good. I've actually eaten more old mature rams than young rams and ewes. These threads always make me laugh. The tough comments I can understand as steaks do require a meat mallet to make them tender.

Also on a forum where most prefer to eat store bought beef over wild game they kill
          Spot on. They’re absolutely fine to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
            I've never had an aoudad that wasn't good. From ewes to mature giant rams, they were all good. I've actually eaten more old mature rams than young rams and ewes. These threads always make me laugh. The tough comments I can understand as steaks do require a meat mallet to make them tender.

Also on a forum where most prefer to eat store bought beef over wild game they kill

Exactly, we eat them every way we eat venison. I guess all the haters are good for the Auodad population.

Comment

Love reading all sides to this. Personally, I just have a huge issue with wasting meat. Just goes against how I was raised with hunting.

I've got 5 kiddos and each has their "opinion" on game we eat. Two don't care for whitetail, one griped about the Fallow steaks, and even had one tell me the Nilgai steaks were gamey.
              They all devoured this Aoudad and I agree it was very good.

To each their own, but for our first one, this Aoudad is great table fare.

Hopefully will get the opportunity to try another soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                Love reading all sides to this. Personally, I just have a huge issue with wasting meat. Just goes against how I was raised with hunting.

I've got 5 kiddos and each has their "opinion" on game we eat. Two don't care for whitetail, one griped about the Fallow steaks, and even had one tell me the Nilgai steaks were gamey.
                They all devoured this Aoudad and I agree it was very good.

To each their own, but for our first one, this Aoudad is great table fare.

Hopefully will get the opportunity to try another soon.

I suppose it's like big boar hogs: some will eatem (me), some won't. I haven't had aoudad. But would try it several times, and different ways, before I turned my nose up at it . Here's to your next one being as good as the first!

Comment

Glad your not closer!

Comment

We ate everybit of our aoudad meat, ground, sausage, some whole cuts. All of it was good! We made spaghetti meat balls, chorizo, all kinds of sausages and for the record mine was a giant old mature ram. The meat didn't smell.

Most people who say game is "smelly" or rank, it's probably because they did not care for the meat properly or on time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                      The meat didn't smell.

Most people who say game is "smelly" or rank, it's probably because they did not care for the meat properly or on time.

This may be the key. Had mine quartered and on ice within an hour of kill. Kept him on ice a couple days before processing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X