Satellite dish for blind roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satellite dish for blind roof

Saw some examples on here of panel blinds with satellite dishes used as roofs. Curious as to what other designs. I ran across a large dish, not sure on dia yet. Considering a full octagon or hexagon with a circular top plate to set the dish on as a roof.

Not quite sure what direction I’ll go yet, open to opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother-in-law and I made a blind last year out of a couple of 8' wheels from a polypipe spool. A fiberglass satellite dish would have been a much better topper than the flat metal roof we used.

That blind build is here within these pages titled "The Wheelhouse". I also have builds using cattle panels and a fiberglass satellite dish within these pages as well.

I plan on building another blind using the wheels, so I will start looking for another fiberglass satellite dish to do so.

I look forward to seeing what you put together!

Greg

Comment

I found one years ago that I acquired and was going to use as a roof then lost interest. Wish I would have kept it and finished product.

Cannot wait to see completed project

Comment

I used a 10' diameter, aluminum dish with mesh material that I wired to the top of cattle panels wrapped in a circle. It was a huge blind and is likely still standing today, 20 years later. I put all weather carpet (astroturf) over the entire thing.

You don't need anything but cattle panels and the dish. The panels will support the dish, unless it's very heavy. Mine was not.

Comment

This is how I build my cattle panel blinds.
          They are wrapped with the rubber backed outdoor carpet. I then cut cedar and other brush and stuff it behind and under the rope. I also tie rope over the roof in an X pattern.. Once brushed in good they look like a bush and you can shoot deer out of them that day. We have done it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	24700933

Comment

From the inside of that blind 2 weeks later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	24700934

Comment

Do you have cattle panel for the roof also?

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                  Saw some examples on here of panel blinds with satellite dishes used as roofs. Curious as to what other designs. I ran across a large dish, not sure on dia yet. Considering a full octagon or hexagon with a circular top plate to set the dish on as a roof.

Not quite sure what direction I’ll go yet, open to opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  if it's like my dish, it won't work when it rains.
                  Last edited by hpdrifter; 01-22-2023, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Here is the one I built with 8ft cable spool and satellite dish as roofClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0095-1.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	26531709

Comment

Working...
                    X