Prints for a big tbh fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prints for a big tbh fan?

Wondering who on here is okay with me or others printing their fine photo work for some personal wall art?

Do I need to ask permission? Would the downloaded pictures print well on say a 12x18? Or would it be best to request a higher quality digital version? Do you pros ever sell digital copies? Who would be the best option to print affordably?

Sorry for the (potentially stupid) questions!

First, I think anyone here who has shared their work would very much appreciate knowing someone wanted to hang their artwork on the wall. Having said that, it is their work and you should always ask.

With that said, the files loaded here are typically at a much lower resolution for sharing online and are not print quality. You'll want a larger file at print quality vs an image file used to share online.

Your best bet is to send a PM to the photographer whose image(s) you'd like to print and see what they say.

Some may have a site where you can order prints from, some may just be willing to send you a file for little to no cost. It will vary from person to person.

I hope this helps to answer your questions.

Comment

Thanks! I'm sure some are running a business and others just for the love of photography so i understand.

Comment

If you are looking for a good print shop check out mpix.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          Ditto on Casey's suggestion. I use Mpix all the time and they do great work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh and what chongo says

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
              Thanks. Almost certain my wife has used them before.

Comment

Due to the file size requirements of TBH for posting, the image quality wouldn't be very desirable. Someone had asked about using my work in one of my threads the other day and I reached out privately but had no response. My smugmug page is listed in the Equipment thread in this forum and my work can be bought through that site.

Comment

Working...
                X