ASA Pro/Am Shoot Paris, TX question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASA Pro/Am Shoot Paris, TX question

Can you shoot multiple classes in one of these events? Looking to attend the Paris, TX shoot towards the end of next month. Never shot an ASA event but would like to shoot a Men's 30 Pins and Traditional but it looks like I can only sign up for one class. I don't see an option for a 2nd class.

For ASA, you can only shoot one class. Texas ASA is part of the national organization, which has specific rules regarding classes. I don't think they will have the option for fun rounds at the Paris Am/Am, which will be at the Love Convention Center May 20-22. For the Texas ASA qualifier at Archer's for Christ, held the next weekend, you should be able to shoot for score in one class, and shoot a fun round the next day, but I would call their contact person to verify. That particular qualifier is usually a big one, and if they feel the stakes are full, they won't do fun rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
      For ASA, you can only shoot one class. Texas ASA is part of the national organization, which has specific rules regarding classes. I don't think they will have the option for fun rounds at the Paris Am/Am, which will be at the Love Convention Center May 20-22. For the Texas ASA qualifier at Archer's for Christ, held the next weekend, you should be able to shoot for score in one class, and shoot a fun round the next day, but I would call their contact person to verify. That particular qualifier is usually a big one, and if they feel the stakes are full, they won't do fun rounds.
      Much appreciated. And I was informed on another site I mis-labeled it. The Pro/Am moved to LA. This I guess is just a regional shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Onski69 View Post
        Much appreciated. And I was informed on another site I mis-labeled it. The Pro/Am moved to LA. This I guess is just a regional shoot.
        Correct but will still be a great shoot and turnout. Definitely should go. Pick the class you want to shoot to count 1st day and shoot other class for fun the 2nd day. Paris pretty cool town. Meet up with friends or new people and go out to eat in evenings. Good Times

Comment

Originally posted by Onski69 View Post
          ...just a regional shoot.
          This is not "just a regional shoot". It will be huge. It is a great way to wet your feet for the bigger Pro-Ams. Come on out and see why.

Comment

Actually, for the Am-Am, you have to shoot both days, just like a Pro-Am.

The Western Region Shootout, aka the Paris state qualifier, which is the following weekend at the Archers For Christ Club, you shoot one day and you can shoot the second day for fun, but your first day score is the one that counts

It's easy to see why people are confused, right?

Comment

So is the qualifier the following week at AFC still a buckle shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-J View Post
                So is the qualifier the following week at AFC still a buckle shoot?
                I was told it is still a buckle shoot.

Comment

yes it is. Actually, both the shoots in Paris are buckle shoots. Both also have cash paybacks.

Comment

Working...
                  X