Definition of “a turn”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definition of “a turn”

Bought a Bear Cruzer G2 on clearance last year and have enjoyed the little that I have played with it. Now it’s time to get serious and get everything the way I want it. I’m going to turn it down to 40 or 50 lb draw for now.

The manual says every turn of the bolt takes out 2-4 lbs. I watched a YouTube video to make sure there weren’t any other tricks, and when the guy on the video did a turn it was 180 degrees. I would have defined a turn as 360 degrees on the bolt. So which is it?

I've always thought that a turn was a complete, 360* turn. Not a half turn.

Comment

I agree usually a full turn is 360 degrees. Let’s say your using a Allen wrench and you put it in your limb bolt, which ever position it’s in you turn either left or right until you get back to that same position to do a full turn. It actually is a little easier with a sharpie marker if you mark a spot on the limb bolts.

Comment

Maybe 180 is 2 pounds and the 360 is 4 pounds?

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation. We all know there’s plenty of weird and incorrect stuff on YouTube. As I suspected, a turn is a turn and a half turn is a half turn.

Looks like a draw scale is only $10 anyways. Might as well get one so I can dial it in a bit more exact.

Comment

Run it by your bow shop and check it there.

Comment

360-deg = 1 turn. Be sure to start with the bolts screwed completely in. There’s a max number of turns you can screw out safely under tension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As others have stated, 360 = 1 turn.

If you wanna know where you're at, get a silver sharpie, tighten the bow all the way down to max poundage.

Put a dot on each Limb bolt, somewhere where it lines up with the riser. Then you can count your turns and know your tiller isn't off.

I would recommend taking it to a shop and putting it on a scale to be sure however. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about a specific poundage. Get it where its comfortable, but not so difficult you have to sky draw or screw up your form and go with it!

Comment

A turn is 360 degrees. When I and turning them I often do it 180 at a time. It’s simply easier to keep it accurate doing it 180 at a time, but that is 1/2 turn.

Comment

Working...
                  X