• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Prayer sent, Curt. It is tough to watch our elderly loved ones suffer from both mental and physical deterioration. I still firmly believe that there is a need for a Dr. Kervorkian.
        Yep. We see it play out on TBH all the time..."Had to put my dog down, but at least she's not suffering anymore". Meanwhile, people suffer through the worst life has to offer with no alternative. I told my kids, prepare yourselves for the fact that if I can help it at all, I will die on my terms.

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Prayers for you and your family. In my experience there is a stretch along that path that is particularly brutal and heartbreaking. That’s when they are still “with it” enough to be aware that they are losing their faculties. I can’t imagine how scary that is. Then there is a tipping point when they no longer understand there is a problem. Sometimes that starts a new set of problems, sometimes it brings a kind of peace. Prayers for peace for her and your family
        This is where we are at and it is heartbreaking. Saddest thing I've ever been witness to. Such a tough, independent, strong woman reduced to needing help to find her fork.

Comment

Thank you all for the prayers. My MIL's name is Patsy Smith and I'd sure appreciate it if you'd whisper a word to God on her behalf whenever you think about it. Thank you.

Comment

My uncle by marriage was the one to step up for my grandpa while he went through this same thing.

Y'all are saints to me.

Comment

Prayers for You and Your Family.

Comment

Prayers sent, went through it with my Grandmother, hurts but I bet she knows she’s loved.

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

Curt, you are doing everything you can and that's what is the most frustrating. Knowing that there's nothing you can do to help them is absolutely heartbreaking. I've had the same conversation with my sons. I will leave on my terms and not make them go through what you and your family are having to deal with.
                    I watched my parents go down this road with my grandmother and now I'm going down the same road with my mother. I don't believe there is any crueler disease than Alzheimer's / Dementia. I've added Mrs. Smith to our prayer list and you and your family as well.

Comment

Prayers up for you all!! We went through it with my wife’s Grandmother and with my Aunt. It is hard. Lots of praying, faith and a tremendous amount of patience is what helped our family.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Been there! Lots of prayers and love sent. Because it takes a lot of both!

Comment

So sorry to hear this Curt. I don't wish it on anybody. A borrowed prayer...

Eternal God, we cast all our cares upon You because You care for us. Lord we adore You because You want our burdens to be light. You will not let us face dementia alone, because You are always with us. Father we pray that in this journey we remember that although people may not understand, You do. You see our heart and our mind clearer than anyone else or any doctor. You are our best friend and the greatest physician, we love You Lord, Amen.

Comment

Prayer sent.

Comment

It a horrible illness...lost my FiL at 56 years of age due to it...

Praying for you and the family this morning Curt.

Comment

Working...
                                X