Electric rates in Texas - not good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric rates in Texas - not good

The cost of electricity in Texas is tightly tied to the price of natural gas, which has more than doubled since Russia invaded Ukraine in late February.

81 million deserve it I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
      That's for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post

Unfortunately we are all punished for their stupidity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mine just went up 50% of what I normally pay. So much for the raise I got in January, now I am back to taking a paycut with the rise in prices in everything.

Comment

I get elect though PowerNext and Gas thru Atmos. Gas has doubled in the last month. Elect is still about the same. I expect it to double soon as well.

Comment

I have a locked in rate with Reliant. Can't wait to renew it in a few months....

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                Mine just went up 50% of what I normally pay. So much for the raise I got in January, now I am back to taking a paycut with the rise in prices in everything.
                We all are in the same boat. In addition to the rising product costs, the rising inflation is kicking all of our tails.

Comment

My electric Bill last month was $594. Almost double what it was a year before.

Comment

I don't see the problem, the cost of gas is about to go down, Joe Biden ordered it. He told the gas stations to stop being greedy and lower their prices, and the greedy oil companies to stop making profits. That should fix it.

But hey, at least no more mean tweets.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      My electric Bill last month was $594. Almost double what it was a year before.
                      Yep. $485 for us which is almost double for us too.

Comment

My electric rates are fixed until the renewal, BUT Propane has skyrocketed for us!

Comment

We are with Champion and the rate went up 50% when we renewed last month.

Comment

Gee no one saw electric (or power in general) costs going sky high after the blackouts.

Just wait until they go up another 30-50% and we still have blackouts.

Comment

My mother says she has had some scheduled blackouts down in Trinity county. Always during the hottest part of the day. I guess big natural gas has gotta get theirs.

Comment

Working...
                              X