Bow Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Fishing

I decided to bite the bullet, and get me an AMS bow fishing reel. I love it.

Went this morning, but went to late, and it got to hot to stay real quick.

Two for two.

Rick
    Attached Files

I'm not overly impressed with the line retrieval on these reels, but it's ok. I am however very impressed with how they shoot.

Rick

Comment

Heck yeah!!! What body of water?

Good shooting!

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
        I'm not overly impressed with the line retrieval on these reels, but it's ok. I am however very impressed with how they shoot.

Rick
        Bowfishing technology is about where compound bow technology was in the 1970's

Comment

Rick
          The AMS reels are just simple as can be. They work, but you are pulling the line by hand a lot.

Reels like the Muzzy, Ti20, Big Mouth, etc will reel in a whole lot better.

Comment

Heck yeah!

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Bow Fishing

Rick

It’s best to just set the bow down and pull in the fish by hand, then reel the line up once you get the fish off. Those reels aren’t really designed to try to reel the fish in with.

Ive tried just about all the different reels out there, and don’t think there is one better overall than the AMS.

Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Rick
                Good ol zebco 888 is really hard to beat.

Comment

MegaMouth reel is the way to go, but they sure are proud of them. I still have an AMS on my backup bow, they are my favorite option for the price.

Comment

I had it figured out when setting it up, that I would have to haul the fish in by hand, then wind the line back into the bottle.

I'm ok with that, because the ease, and safety in how these AMS reels shoot is fantastic.

Rick

Comment

I still have the spool you manually wind it up on. Works fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                        Heck yeah!!! What body of water?

Good shooting!
                        Clear Fork of the Brazos river.
                        We have 2 miles of it on our farm property.

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        I still have the spool you manually wind it up on. Works fine for me.

I do too, but these AMS reels are safer, and easier to be accurate with because the line feeds out with very little resistance/influence on the arrow.

Rick
                        Last edited by RickBarbee; 06-10-2022, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Nice. I have AMS and a Muzzy reel love both. Lately been taking the muzzy more, its retrieval is faster. Night is the time to go...especially in this heat.

Comment

I guess. Never had a problem with the spool but I'm sure there is a convenience factor with those reels. They just seemed awfully pricey for something that may end up at the bottom of the lake or river on a bad night.[emoji23]
                            I still have all my gear. Haven't been in years. Sold my boat, trashed the old trash fish ice chests.
                            Now going for redfish is something I'd go for. They are delicious.

Comment

Working...
                            X