No announcement yet.

Baiting on Public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry. I just read the APH guidelines. I havent hunted public land. Mostly friends ranches. But that doesnt happen as frequently as id like. Im very interested in hunting public land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you get scouting time in you can get almost the same results of baiting with mock scrapes and a few aerosol scents (at least I have had plenty of success with it).

Comment

Good advice. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JD81 View Post
          If you get scouting time in you can get almost the same results of baiting with mock scrapes and a few aerosol scents (at least I have had plenty of success with it).
          You can also find food sources that are better than corn. Nature baits better than buccees

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

If you do, dont get caught. GW will have no mercy

Comment

HaHa. I must have found 3+ feeders this year on public. Of course camera and stands around. So they made it a personal hunting ground for them. GW said I should hunt there but last thing I need is some drama with an idiot at legal shooting light.

Comment

Originally posted by beads View Post
                HaHa. I must have found 3+ feeders this year on public. Of course camera and stands around. So they made it a personal hunting ground for them. GW said I should hunt there but last thing I need is some drama with an idiot at legal shooting light.

I don’t hunt near those places for fear I’ll get tagged with the baiting

Comment

Why do people feel the need to bait on public? That’s part of the draw for me hunting public. Beat them at their own game on their ground.
                  If I wanted to hunt over bait I’d hunt a lease.

Comment

Originally posted by beads View Post
                    Yeah so he could give you a ticket

Comment

I've had that problem couldn't figure out where all the deer were then found somebody else was baiting nearby ,just follow the trail of the baited area and put an arrow in his deer about a hundred yards before it gets there

Comment

You could just find which personal land owner nearby has a feeder and hunt the trail going to his feeder. Let him feed the deer for you

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                          You could just find which personal land owner nearby has a feeder and hunt the trail going to his feeder. Let him feed the deer for you
                          That works well I've heard

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X