Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who on here had an AR/AK style gun before 2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    What exactly is a "AR/AK style rifle" ? Like a Ruger 10/22 that has a plastic stock and a 30 round magazine? A Marlin Model 60 with a black painted stock? A Remington 870 with a magazine extension? A Glock with enhanced sights and a shoulder stock?

I have never been able to understand the generic name "Assault Weapon", seem like a broad definition of any type of firearm to me.
    Assault weapon. If I hit you with a rock then is that rock an assault weapon?
    You were assaulted so it must be. Same with my fist. It's all a bunch of political gibberish.

Comment

My bedside guns are a suppressed glock 19 and a suppressed 11.5” sig MCX. It’s not really about being “less safe” however there was no noticeable decrease in crime rates during the time of the assault weapons ban. And that’s the whole point of it isn’t it? Especially in the past few years as we’ve seen riots and buildings being burned with talks of taking that violence to neighborhoods that’s when you’d want a rifle and 30+rd mags. Just my 2¢. I used to shoot a lot more when ammo was cheaper and it wasn’t uncommon to shoot 500rds between 9 and 5.56 on a given range day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn’t own an AR type but sure as heck rolled with the HK91s prior to 1994! Took one down to Webb county and recall everyone from BP to ranch hands wigging out!

Comment

Working...
        X