No announcement yet.

Everybody needs one of these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a difference 30 degrees makes! Got 3 more troughs going! Also the only line frozen at home (washer) thawed and wasn’t busted (praise the Lord).

Still dumped a 4th tank of milk... but was able to help a lot of people today. Ended up getting 30-40 gallons to people in need. Most had no idea what went into a gallon of milk, so it was an educational experience that I hope they learned from

Trucking company said they have full disclosure intentions to picking up tomorrow.

Calling for 10 degrees tonight so we will continue preventative measures... why stop now. Already burned 150ish gallons in heaters alone. One tractor has been running for 4 straight days

Comment

I remember when I was A&M back in the mid-70's a job posting for the A&M dairy. Thought about it and then figured as the FNG I would get stuck with the early milking shift so I figured I would pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        What a difference 30 degrees makes! Got 3 more troughs going! Also the only line frozen at home (washer) thawed and wasn’t busted (praise the Lord).

Still dumped a 4th tank of milk... but was able to help a lot of people today. Ended up getting 30-40 gallons to people in need. Most had no idea what went into a gallon of milk, so it was an educational experience that I hope they learned from

Trucking company said they have full disclosure intentions to picking up tomorrow.

Calling for 10 degrees tonight so we will continue preventative measures... why stop now. Already burned 150ish gallons in heaters alone. One tractor has been running for 4 straight days
        My uncle and cousin have dairies up there...... no thanks!
        I’ll stick with crabbing

Comment

My great uncle had a dairy. There are barely any left in Arkansas that I know of & there used to be quite a few when I was a kid (not long ago).

We’ve had 4 calves this week but all seem to be doing alright. I was a little worried about the cold nights but so far so good. Two more nights to go.

My prepper project will be to fence off my last pond & get a guzzler on it ASAP. Had a calf fall through ice this evening and I ended up falling through waste deep getting it out. One of my guzzlers got ice on it somehow but the other two have done fine. No more cows in the ponds....soon.

Comment

Down to 7 last night 2 more heifers calved. Neither made it.

Lost a cow in milk herd as well

Got enough “feed” to make it about an hour or so this evening if they don’t get something hauled in.

Roads are better in most areas and water is continuing to thaw. Priority now is switched to feed and fuel.

Comment

Reinforcements have arrived.... better than a pine cone or snowflake
              Attached Files

Comment

Truck arrived
                Attached Files

Comment

Finally some relief!

Your woes are being felt here. It’s dang tough to find a gallon of milk right now!

Comment

Glad you got some reinforcements

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      Just pulled the plug on another tank. I got about a dozen gallons to families this morning and a state trooper I got a gallon for yesterday stopped by and dropped off more containers for anyone in need.

Local restaurant got 6 gallons before I dumped

I got soccer moms driving 30 miles to get it... and professional drivers can’t get here. Lol. Think about that
                      Soccer mom doing whatever it takes for the family.

Truck drivers of today are useless. They lack skill and dedication. I've been in trucking since 1993. I've driven in white out blizzards at -25⁰ wind chill to get the load delivered on time.

Even been through a couple of tornadoes.

I wish I was able to come help you

Comment

The good....

The decision to move the remaining heifers into the barn to hold until thawed or calves was a great choice. 2 born last night and both survived! Probably have 2 more by morning

Only leak I had was dog kennel water hydrant busted the elbow... 2 minute fix

Parents house had washer line break pier and beam. 5 min cap off. Will run in pex monday

The bad....

2pm... no milk truck. Call to check status “all tankers and facilities are full, we have no where to put it”. Didn’t call or notify anyone... it’s a Saturday with clear roads, I could have gave away a ton.... cause there is ZERO HERE. Contained about 30 gallons for some I had contact for and they picked u
                        Dumped another almost 8000# due to poor management ...)&&%

Comment

Working...
                        X