Friday night lights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
    Whitesboro over Shallowater 50-25. Rematch with Brock next week after they rolled Jim Ned 70-25 today. Gunna be tough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yall played well, good luck with Brock. We will root for you.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
      the greatest high school sports dynasty in the history of the state of Texas!!
      Theres several schools that can make that claim with much stronger resumes than any football team in the state. Carthage isn’t even in the top 5 conversation for football teams. Go take a look at the record books.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
        Yall played well, good luck with Brock. We will root for you.

That Shallowater livestream is something else. I watched some of it yesterday and I’ve never seen a high school live stream put together like that. They do a great job with that whole production. I was impressed with everything about Shallowater.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
          That Shallowater livestream is something else. I watched some of it yesterday and I’ve never seen a high school live stream put together like that. They do a great job with that whole production. I was impressed with everything about Shallowater.

I will pass on the compliment, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            Theres several schools that can make that claim with much stronger resumes than any football team in the state. Carthage isn’t even in the top 5 conversation for football teams. Go take a look at the record books.

Lol Celina came to mind first then I saw where you're from

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post

I just moved here 3 years ago so don’t really have any bias to them. But yes, they would probably be in the conversation for top 5 if they continue playing this season like they have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                Man Centex is playing some amazing ball right now!

Mart/Chilton
                Crawford/Marlin are my two games to watch next week! !

China Spring, Centerville, Franklin, Lorena, the 4 above. Centex has some great ball this year!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                Centerville plays Timpson next. Our run is probably over…Lol!

Comment

Show me one? 8 titles in 13 years. Show me a better percentage than that. Not talking spread out titles, I said dynasty. Oh and it’s not over yet. You seem a little salty about Carthage…

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                    They were a powerhouse at one time no doubt, but didn’t their titles go back all the way to the 80s. They may also still hold the winning streak record, but they can’t match 8 titles in 13 years. That’s a dynasty. They had one in the 2000’s but I just don’t think it was that win percentage on titles.
                    Last edited by TheHammer; 11-29-2021, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Show me one? 8 titles in 13 years. Show me a better percentage than that. Not talking spread out titles, I said dynasty. Oh and it’s not over yet. You seem a little salty about Carthage…

I could care less about Carthage. I’m not a homer to any high school.

How about Nazareth? 12 state titles in 15 years. Think your 8 in 13 is better than that?

Comment

They were a powerhouse at one time no doubt, but didn’t their titles go back all the way to the 80s. They may also still hold the winning streak record, but they can’t match 8 titles in 13 years. That’s a dynasty. They had one in the 2000’s but I just don’t think it was that win percentage on titles.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

The Celina teams from the late 90s to early 2000s were so dominant that there’s a documentary about them.

Richland springs had 9 state titles in 15 years. They are the best football dynasty of all time in the state. And it’s current because their last title was just in 2019. They’re still playing one for this year.

Comment

It's always fun hearing the names of all the "usual suspects" in Texas High School football year after year. Not taking anything away from the kids that play in those programs, but it's kinda like hearing about the New England Patriots during the Brady era and of course good ol' Bama/Satan...I mean Saban. So, with that said...how about them Flour Bluff Hornets vs the GP Wildcats(cross town rivals that beat us during district play)!?! 47-44 in a game that was won by a field goal with 2 seconds left on the clock. Very exciting game. Blowouts are no fun in my opinion in playoff games. Good luck to all your school's football teams, bands, drill teams, cheer leaders, etc. moving forward! We are on to CC Veterans Memorial(who we thumped the last game of district play). I'm afraid they'll be out for revenge, so hopefully our boys bring their AAA game!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            Centerville plays Timpson next. Our run is probably over…Lol!
                            I do not think Timpson will blow yall out. I believe Centerville has enough team speed to contain Timpson from blowing them out.

Best of luck, but Timpson is on another level than most right now. Region 1 and 2 are fortunate that Shiner, Timpson and Refuigo are in Region 3 and 4............

Rwc

Comment

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=celina+high+sc...+championships

The Celina teams from the late 90s to early 2000s were so dominant that there’s a documentary about them.

Richland springs had 9 state titles in 15 years. They are the best football dynasty of all time in the state. And it’s current because their last title was just in 2019. They’re still playing one for this year.

We can have 9 in 15 years. Lol still to be determined. They made a documentary about them because it’s over. They can very well do the same for Carthage, but it’s still going…

Comment

I could care less about Carthage. I’m not a homer to any high school.

How about Nazareth? 12 state titles in 15 years. Think your 8 in 13 is better than that?

Care to post a link? Can’t find that stat

Edit: Are you talking girls basketball?

Comment

Working...
                                X