Make your own AR lower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make your own AR lower?

Anybody ever done this? Hypothetically of course. The idea intrigues me. There are kits you can buy online and finish out yourself. I'm sure nobody on here has done it but if they know somebody who has done so how did it go for them?

It's quite legal.

Comment

I’ve never built one but I know a guy from my old job that has built about five of them. He said that it was fairly easy once you got the hang of it. He fubared his first one but it was cheap enough he didn’t mind the lesson learned.

Comment

It’s easy to do. Only issue is the 80% lowers have really gone up in price. They used to be half the price they are now…

Comment

I have done it and I don't think I would consider myself too mechanically inclined. Find a parts list, buy the parts, get the right tools for the job, I recommend the special vice, and watch some YouTube videos. It is nice to have something you built yourself.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

You want to actually fabricate the stripped lower receiver, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
              You want to actually fabricate the stripped lower receiver, correct?
              Kind of, I'd just buy one of the 80% kits. I've got access a drill press and other tools.

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                Kind of, I'd just buy one of the 80% kits. I've got access a drill press and other tools.
                Ahhh, cool. Recently built my own but from a stripped lower.

Comment

Ghost gunner dot net
                  Last edited by Pushbutton2; 11-30-2021, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X