Who shoots a 7x57 (7mauser)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who shoots a 7x57 (7mauser)

Got a Remington 700 Classic coming and from what I’ve read about it most of the factory ammo is conservative (140 @ ~2700 FPS) since there are a lot of older Mauser style actions out there that don’t handle the pressures of say a 700. From what I’ve read, in the more modern actions this caliber can be pushed a little bit through handloads, say a 140g in the 2950-3000 FPS range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic round and underrated for sure. Especially if reloading.

Comment

I used to have one years ago. PM me your address and I will send you free some dies that I don't need. It'll be a while before I can send...

Comment

Originally posted by chocolatelabs View Post
        I used to have one years ago. PM me your address and I will send you free some dies that I don't need. It'll be a while before I can send...

Wow, thanks! Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang man, you must have a cool wife! Always talking about getting nice guns. I’m pretty good myself at sneaking them in the back door. Lol

Comment

I had a Ruger many years ago. It was a great rifle.

Comment

I built one...shot plenty of deer...now my son has it...abd still kills deer...great easy to shoot round

Comment

I don’t have one, I shoot a 8x57.

My best friend does though. That and a .257 Roberts are all he shoots anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a Ruger African and shoot a 160;at 2660 and could get a bit more if I wanted too. You can push one to 280 Remington loads pretty easily. I use 7mm-08:loads as a start and work my way up from there. The 7x57 in a modern gun will handle any load available.

Comment

Working...
                  X