Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations on feeder motors/timers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    If you got 1 season out of a 6 volt timer...you got your moneys worth.
    I guess we have a little higher expectations.

So you replaced a $ 39.00 6 volt timer with a $ 140 set up...and you cant believe how much better the new unit is???

BAHAHAHAHA!!!....thats some funny stuff right there!
    If we are going to compare apples to apples the actual "The Timer" timer is $69 compared to the $39 WGI timer.
    Last edited by Smart; 07-02-2013, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by topher View Post
      Triple C
      x2 My dad and I have been using them for 10+ years and never had a problem

Comment

"The Timer" and the 12 volt unit for Karl at Ultramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I guess we have a little higher expectations.

If we are going to compare apples to apples the actual "The Timer" timer is $69 compared to the $39 WGI timer.
          Sorry...thats the complete WGI 6 volt timer/motor/spinner unit for $ 39....not just the controller....apple to oranges!

Like I said....I have sold over 200 of the 12 volt....only 1 defect!!!! Spin it how you want.
          Last edited by Traildust; 07-02-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Sorry...thats the complete WGI timer/motor/spinner unit for $ 39....not just the controller....apple to oranges!

Like I said....I have sold over 200 of them....only 1 defect!!!! Spin it how you want.

Wow....they have really cheapened those things up looking at the pic on the Academy site....no wonder they are disposable.

I know the Remington timers used to be $39 back a couple of eyars ago and figure that since they were similar they were $39 as well. I guess they found a way to do it even cheaper..

Comment

Wow....they have really cheapened those things up looking at the pic on the Academy site....no wonder they are disposable.
              The 12 volt units are great. Never looked at the 6 volt. Your right...Ultramatic and the "timer" are the only units that have a good track record

Comment

I've got a Triple C that i've been using for around fifteen years with never a single problem. I've got another feeder that i retro-fitted with The Timer. No issues with it either.

Comment

Ultramatic 12v redneck timer with solar panel

Comment

WOW.....I just realized the Smart posted before 8 am.....that has got to be a record

Comment

WOW.....I just realized the Smart posted before 8 am.....that has got to be a record
                      Some times a fella has to take a break from the number crunching to keep folks from handing out bad advice..

Comment

Some times a fella has to take a break from the number crunching to keep folks from handing out bad advice..
                        I know...'cept for the 200+ I have sold.....I would agree with you

Comment

The Timer is all I use. Super simple and bullet proof.

Comment

I have used Texas Hunter Models or Monarchs (Bought them both at discounts at the TTHA Shows) and have only had one Texas Hunter Go out and Zero Monarchs...I have put out 4-6 feeders a year for the last 21 yrs..(Texas Hunter was my first LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                              Feeders and timers from West Texas Feeder Supply, HCR's!
                              Nuff said!

Comment

Sorry...thats the complete WGI 6 volt timer/motor/spinner unit for $ 39....not just the controller....apple to oranges!

Like I said....I have sold over 200 of the 12 volt....only 1 defect!!!! Spin it how you want.
                                I actually have not had a chance to review the everlast yet. I set them in June and have not been back to the ranch since. I payed $40.00 a piece for my everlast unit's with the redneck timer on sale at academy. I payed the same or more for the 6 volt wildgame with timer at academy. I replaced all parts on both units and they are broke again that's why I replaced them. I did buy a the timer to replace the timer unit on the wildgame then the motor broke shortly after. I can't speak on the 12vlt wildgame but the 6 volts are no good. I live 9.5 hrs away from the place I hunt and can't continue to have broken feeders every time I go down. Falfurrias and Kingsville don't have a big selection of parts so u end up over paying for replacement parts for wildgame. I think I payed $35.00 for a wildgame timer only from a local feed store.
                                Last edited by Black Ice; 07-02-2013, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X