Axis yearlings and the freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis yearlings and the freeze

Finally got a little heard of axis holding on my place again I usually see em in the fall and gone in spring ish, last i saw some was right after the freeze
    Odd this year i see couple bucks and does but no yearlings…wondering if the freeze had something to do with that
    Whats everyone else seeing?
    Hard for me to tell with just a small population prob abt 10 or so last year had around 20

We got nada.......Stonewall, Johnson City and Fredericksburg had hundreds of dead axis and blackbuck after the freeze. I keep checking cameras and not even 1 yet.[emoji3061]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Our dogs found plenty after the freeze, it put a hurt on them , I am not worried still seeing plenty

Comment

Not sure on the Axis, but place my dad hunts in Brady lost 11 known mature blackbucks.

Comment

I hunt Axis in Kerrville and while the herd was decimated, they were not wiped out. I shot a freeze damaged buck in july that had burnt, stunted horns and one a few weeks ago that had malformed antlers also. But the Axis are nowhere near the numbers i used to see them in. The freeze did a heck of a job knocking them down.

Comment

Working...
          X