Go-To Gun 2021-2022 Deer Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go-To Gun 2021-2022 Deer Season

Well? I will say I have really been bad over the years about switching guns, and as I get older, I wish I either had these guns back in the safe, or, LOL, the money I spent back in my pocket.

Over the past several years, I've hunted more with an AR that my bolt guns. Well, recently I got a decent deal on a Christensen Arms CA5Five6, slapped my Dead Air Sandman L on it the barrel and topped it off with a Vortex Viper PST 1-8x24. I am really liking the feel and looks of the gun and have decided that this is going to be my Go-To rifle this upcoming season. I picked up some Hornady 60-grain Interlock bullets I want to try out, and set my reloaded last night to try out some other bullets as well. Most of my shooting will be 125 yards or less. I might take a poke at a pig or coyote at a further distance.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DFWPI; 08-28-2021, 08:37 AM.

Solid choice, that's a nice setup!

Comment

Been shooting my Remington700 BDL 300WM since 1988 with 180 gr Corelokts, even at these small Texas deer. Next fall, I'm am going West for big deer and elk. Best gun ever.

Comment

The handy dandy Kill Stick aka my cz527 varmint in .204 ruger is my go to rifle these days when I head out the door for just about everything that needs killing. But if I was going deer hunting specifically would grab the Magnificent 7 my custom built 7 mag. Only killed an elk and 2 pigs with it so far but it is going to be a killer for a long time. Click image for larger version

Name:	11762.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	24661073Click image for larger version

Name:	31338.jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	24661074Click image for larger version

Name:	31337.jpg
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	24661075Click image for larger version

Name:	31336.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	24661076

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't choose just one, The Go-To gun is what works best in the situation I will be in @ the time. Or whichever one strikes my fancy when I open the safe. Or if one needs the rust knocked off it.

OP, nice firearm there!

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
            The handy dandy Kill Stick aka my cz527 varmint in .204 ruger is my go to rifle these days when I head out the door for just about everything that needs killing. But if I was going deer hunting specifically would grab the Magnificent 7 my custom built 7 mag. Only killed an elk and 2 pigs with it so far but it is going to be a killer for a long time. [ATTACH]1060637[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1060638[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1060639[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1060640[/ATTACH]

I have the same CZ in 204 & it's a laser beam. What is your favorite ammo for it ???

Although I have several really nice bang sticks I would have to say my go to for just about everything is my 257 Roy..... I have recently ordered a Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC can't wait to try her out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
              I have the same CZ in 204 & it's a laser beam. What is your favorite ammo for it ???

Although I have several really nice bang sticks I would have to say my go to for just about everything is my 257 Roy..... I have recently ordered a Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC can't wait to try her out.
              I have killed hundreds of critters at this point with these. Cheap and shoot great and absolutely hammers everything I have ever shot with it. Click image for larger version

Name:	FI204HVB-2__28519.1526548066.jpg
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	24661077

Comment

My go to used to be my Remington 700 CDL .270. Never thought I’d leave her behind….untill I bought this Remington Sendero 25-06. Definitely a tack driver. When I sighted it in, I’d shoot groups of 2 before adjusting and the 2 always touched. That’s all I needed to prove it’s accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                  I have killed hundreds of critters at this point with these. Cheap and shoot great and absolutely hammers everything I have ever shot with it. [ATTACH]1060641[/ATTACH]

That's usually what I shoot while out on doe patrol.....scrambles the noodles pretty badly....not a pretty picture

Comment

The Hornady 75 grain bthp works very well on deer also.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                      That's usually what I shoot while out on doe patrol.....scrambles the noodles pretty badly....not a pretty picture
                      Oh yeah, it is my go to doe cull gun. I used to have some pictures on my phone that were just terrible from a doe kill I went on. That 40 gr vmax does great on chest shots as well I shot a "cull" buck I was told to kill with a chest shot and he dropped and at least 2 does as well instant drop. It really is a fantastic killer on everything in Texas.

Comment

I do wish I would have gotten a titanium suppressor though.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Browning A-Bolt in Maple .270. By far my favorite gun!

Comment

Rem 7mm Mag Sendero. Blued bull barrel and gun weighs a ton but when it barks, something dies. Bought in 2002

Comment

Nice setup!

Comment

Working...
                              X