No announcement yet.

Big kid airguns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can fill any of them with a high pressure hand pump, just think of it as cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      I can't even watch youtube videos on them anymore
      I feel your pain. My wife found my pyramid air catalog , now I get in trouble for watching "BB gun videos".

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
        You can fill any of them with a high pressure hand pump, just think of it as cardio.
        Oh ok well that's good to know. That leaves a lot of options open. How far is a .25cal good for on a 30 pound animal? I'd assume fairly close but I'm used to shooting sparrows and starlings with a .177 so I have no clue.

Comment

In terms of power what would a .25cal PCP air rifle be compared to if you were to compare it to a powder burner? I'm just trying to get an idea because I think maybe I'm underestimating the power these things have.

Comment

Marauder is rated 900fps.
            25 grain pellet gives you 44.98 ft/lbs of muzzle energy at that velocity.

Comment

My .25 Marauder is incredible. The entry price isn’t too bad but the fill station, scope etc. will add up. As smooth and accurate as this gun is, I don’t have interest in upgrading. For that reason I don’t go poking around looking at higher end ones- otherwise I’d buy one.

I always tell people that my Marauder has the best trigger of any gun I own. And I have a number with custom triggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                I wouldn't mind having a springer vs. PCP since you can only get so many shots out of one tank. It'd get shot quite a bit because I have a prairie dog town a mile from my house so maybe that'd be more convenient and easier unless I could fill the tank myself or something.
                I've got the Hatsan Carnivore 135, it's a bad*** breakbarrel in .25 cal. (It also comes in .30) I've killed coons out to 35 yds, it's advertised to get 900 fps last most I've talked get 850-875. Its major drawbacks are weight sucker weighs a ton and finding a good scope that will hold zero, being a heavy duty "springer" it has heavy duty shock and recoil.

Comment

If noise is no concern I’d recommend a Sam Yang in .25 cal(I believe now they’re called senaca). It’s a 6 shot lever gun & it pretty powerful. They have a carbine & long gun. I have the long gun. The carbine would be an awesome squirrel gun. I’ve killed a 125lb sow with mine at 53yrds. With a 45gr Rat Sniper slug hollowpoint. My son just shot a 28lb bobcat at 43-45yrds the other day with a 45gr hollowpoint slug. It made it about 30yrds. He shot it right in the middle of the chest. The maurader is an excellent gun. It just doesn’t make the power that the Sam Yang makes. I’ve got the 45gr slugs running around 865fps & it will shot a ragged hole at 50yrds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Benjamin Bulldog 357, and I love it ,

Comment

A nice carbon tank and fittings will set you back a bit but is so convenient for refilling PCP's. I paid almost as much for that as my Marauder .25. I have a friend who shoots over 100 squirrels annually with his Marauder .25. He says it is very accurate and deadly to 40-50 yards. I'm really wanting to kill hogs with mine.

Comment

I'm sure I'll get me a big bore one of these days... I love my PCP's... Have .22's and .25's...
                        Kilt a bunch of critters with them... Night shot on a Cricket .25 been the death of a bunch of coons... It makes no report sound... Just a click of hammer hitting release valve and a thump of whatever the pellet hits... Sit in my bow stand until after dark and the "hunt" is over, then jump on the coons after they get comfortable eating under the feeder in the dark... They can't figg'er out what's goin' on for a while. I've gotten as many as 5 before they wise up and figure out their buddies are flopppin' round on the ground rather than just forraging for more corn...

Kilt a few hogs behind the house with 'em too... 50 poundish, pass thru behind the shoulders... short track with good blood trails... Shot a hunert' pound little boar 40 yards... DRT earhole pass thru...

They are WAY more addicting than "black guns" ever were for me... Can shoot in your back yard, and no one knows it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6222.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	24599733

Name:	IMG_4052.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	24599734

Name:	AirGunKills-002.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	24599735

Name:	IMG_4109.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	24599736

Name:	IMG_4062.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	24599737

Name:	Vulcan-004.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	24599738

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                          Oh yeah and I killed a 30 lb pig with my talon .22 from about 20 yards.
                          Were are you aiming to put a pig down with a .22 cal? Ive got a .22 cal Marauder and very much want to kill a pig with it. I have plenty of opportunity on the lease Im on.

Comment

The Cricket sounds amazing but man are they pricey! I'm seeing them in the $1,300-1,500 range.

Comment

Yea, the Cricket would be my favorite except I'm a lefty and the lever for the action rests right on my cheek weld when I mount the gun. The Vulcan is ambidextrous so I set it up for a lefty.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                Were are you aiming to put a pig down with a .22 cal? Ive got a .22 cal Marauder and very much want to kill a pig with it. I have plenty of opportunity on the lease Im on.
                                Yep aimed pretty good right at his head.

Just walked up on them, sat down and took a minute till I had a volunteer.

Comment

Working...
                                X