This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderator Problem

I’ve been a member for over a decade and finally had a bad experience…

Just had a post deleted with zero explanation… and I expect this one to get whacked soon too.

I read the rules before I posted in the classifieds about the buck for sale to recoup feed costs. Please tell me where I messed up.

I have always enjoyed this forum until now.

I believe it may be because you can’t “ sell” wild game meat, I know we can’t here in Colorado any way.

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post

Just had a post deleted with zero explanation… and I expect this one to get whacked soon too.

I read the rules before I posted in the classifieds about the buck for sale to recoup feed costs. Please tell me where I messed up.

A buck for sale, like a dead deer?

Is so, it might be about advertising a crime.

TEXAS PARKS AND WILDLIFE CODE

SUBCHAPTER B. SALE, TRANSPORTATION, AND STORAGE OF GAME

Sec. 62.021. SALE OR PURCHASE OF CERTAIN GAME. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (c), no person may sell, offer for sale, purchase, offer to purchase, or possess after purchase a wild bird, game bird, or game animal, dead or alive, or part of the bird or animal.
      (b) This section applies only to a bird or animal protected by this code without regard to whether the bird or animal is taken or killed in this state.

I apologize if I misunderstood your terminology.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can't sell hunts. There are sponsors of the site in that business, and you're competing with them at their own game. I don't know all the rules by heart, but classifieds are generally reserved for used goods, and such things that wouldn't normally compete directly with site sponsors. Sorry you didn't get an explanation; it's happened to me before, and I'm sure many others. Don't take it personally. It takes a lot to police a forum this size. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
          I'm pretty sure you can't sell hunts. There are sponsors of the site in that business, and you're competing with them at their own game. I don't know all the rules by heart, but classifieds are generally reserved for used goods, and such things that wouldn't normally compete directly with site sponsors. Sorry you didn't get an explanation; it's happened to me before, and I'm sure many others. Don't take it personally. It takes a lot to police a forum this size. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
          I see that I have missed the meaning entirely. It is selling a hunt as opposed to selling the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post

When selling a hunt, it appears to violate #5 in the rules. It is advertising and probably goes against some advertising sponsors. There is more to that rule but that might be it.

5. Do not use the forum for unapproved advertisement or spam. Solicitation directly in a post, with your username/avatar, within your signature, via Private Messages or even within your profile to a business, website or another discussion forum is not appropriate, especially if it conflicts with TexasBowhunter.com’s paying sponsors. This rule also applies to "Prostaff" members who may not use the forum to advertise non-texasbowhunter.com supporting sponsors.…….

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
              I see that I have missed the meaning entirely. It is selling a hunt as opposed to selling the meat.
              Yes. I won't go into more detail in order to not turn this into a sort of backdoor rehashing of his original thread, but the deer in question is alive and well.

Comment

They don’t want anybody making money unless they’re a sponsor. Got a learn how to get around it. With that said this thread will be whacked eventually

Comment

I saw the original post and while I understand the rules I assume this was a one time thing by the point made in the post about never selling hunts. I think that kind of post should be allowed but obviously if he wanted to do another I could see the problem. We have optics sponsors but nobody has a problem selling used optics…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

10 years and no issues and there's still no issues, imo.

You want to sell a released deer to help offset some ranching expenses. The folks that run this site need to keep the servers running too and they sell sponsorships to do so.

In both cases it's a pay to play world.

Comment

I'm interested in purchasing.... PM me

Comment

Then what’s the difference in Selling firearms on here? Don’t we have gun sponsors, sporting goods sponsors, etc? You should b able to sell a hunt if a gun sponsor can sell a firearm.

Comment

There site there rules end of story

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

You like this site and are going to let one deleted post sway you away?[emoji23][emoji23].

Man, I and a hundred others would hate this site worse than the devil
                            himself if one deleted post is all it took to not like it. [emoji23][emoji23]. It happens, you screwed up. They don’t delete posts unless the break the rules. They don’t offer explanations so don’t feel left out. Just let it roll off your back and move on.

Comment

Moderator Problem

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                              Then what’s the difference in Selling firearms on here? Don’t we have gun sponsors, sporting goods sponsors, etc? You should b able to sell a hunt if a gun sponsor can sell a firearm.

Used guns aren’t generally sold for a profit. Tbh classifieds for the non sponsors are like a garage sale. Sure there are some flippers and they usually get weeded out but in general folks are selling used items for less than what they paid for them. It’s a real simple concept. Sure there are outliers but in general that’s the way it is.

And they have been deleting hunts sold by non-sponsors for years. Ol
                              Maglite got the boot back in the late 2000s for selling dove hunts after multiple tries. It is what it is …
                              Last edited by Smart; 11-28-2021, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X